Last time I went here was two weeks ago and was pretty crappy really as visibility was piss poor, I think it's one of those places you need to see where you are going.

Even though most of the slopes were nice and groomed at the beginning of the morning, towards midday, they became pretty choppy, and wasn't even busy. And by 3pm, a lot of them had become pretty iced up.

Took a ride on the Sancho-course to finish the day, and it was more moguls than a smooth ride, definitely worthy of a black rated course. Also, some of the beginner slopes near the central entrance a more lower intermediate. Powder was a little difficult to find except for under the lifts and a couple of shortcuts.

A good place though and would go there again. And next time, will take my longer lens as was a little nervous taking out my baby for the first time on the slopes.

Some pics for your eyes:

Echigo Yuzawa town on the outward and return journey.

brightrob_56.JPG

brightrob_83.JPG

Looking across to Uonuma city?

brightrob_75.JPG

How many people does it take to clean a roof?

brightrob_88.JPG

I will board down this mountain!

brightrob_86.JPG

Perhaps some of the SJF team can name these mountains?

brightrob_85.JPG

Looking across to Centleisure Maiko. I think.

brightrob_67.JPG

Some nicely groomed tracks at the start of the day after a few runs.

brightrob_66.JPG

Rob, was the park features open? When I was there on Sunday they were closed and under a thick blanket of powder.....looked VERY inviting to just run through the slope as it was untouched all day!!