How about the people that take it off topic? This isn't about Tibet or nuns or persecuted people.

It's About Google vs China?

If you don't like it, then start your own thread About those problems.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would say this has evolved?

Normally evolution promotes a positive change that benefits something/someone.Has it done that?

Evolved into a slagging match shows a real maturity in discourse from both you and thursday. One of you could have taken the morale route and stopped taking the bait.

Thought the Tibetan policy wasn't confrontation but recourse through discussion? Clearly lost on both of you.

Back on topic

With Google getting a slap down from the Chinese government and Microsoft and Yahoo! kindly telling Google that they are on their own, what do you think will happen next.

GN, no problems when issues are personsl.

Your problem is that you take it on others to vent your anger and start calling names, getting into their faces. - whf are you? Perhaps take medication or anger manegement course is my sincere advice instead of doing it here, but you are the one complaining about how you want to be taken seriuosly with courtesy in Japan, and on the other hand you say you don't want to reciprocate that. What happened to being a two way street ?

For my peace of mind, and I have learnt thanks to you, is some people are not worth my time, that people are thick and sensitive, critical towards the outside world and sensitive to their inside world.

Topic is evolving. The only thing that isn't is the person behind it.

Jynxx if you think for one moment I could care less about your opinion of me then you're a bigger idiot than I took you for.

The fact that you've only entered this discussion to once again voice your opinion of me shows how pitiful you are. I dislike you and you me. I have no problem with that so how about you get over it?

I only care when some dumb wit starts slandering some one who basically has the same right to his opinions.

Like I said, I don't like you, your problem is none of my business, but still I can be courteous to you. Why is that? Maybe because I was raised in UK and Japan has something to do with it.

Agreed...

You just mind your own business.

As I mentioned, I make good use of "Ignore this user" on you. Why don't you reciprocate it on me.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Back on topic -

find it strange that google are complaining about their results need to be censored, considering that when they went into China in '06, they knew that they would have to do it.

06 was different. You could still access Youtube and many other pages in China. It was getting much worse in 2009. Now you can't access youtube, facebook, Wiki, imageshack, and many other popular sites.

Quote:

With Google getting a slap down from the Chinese government and Microsoft and Yahoo! kindly telling Google that they are on their own, what do you think will happen next.

I think Yahoo! did support google since Alibaba made a statement saying that Yahoo!'s comments where "not productive".

Sounds really spineless to me how they suck up to the system.

Originally Posted By: Kraut_in_HongKong
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Back on topic -

find it strange that google are complaining about their results need to be censored, considering that when they went into China in '06, they knew that they would have to do it.

06 was different. You could still access Youtube and many other pages in China. It was getting much worse in 2009. Now you can't access youtube, facebook, Wiki, imageshack, and many other popular sites.

Quote:

I think Yahoo! did support google since Alibaba made a statement saying that Yahoo!'s comments where "not productive".

Sounds really spineless to me how they suck up to the system.

haha who is Alibaba?

I think Microsoft and Yahoo are rubbing their greedy little hands together as they get a bigger marketshare of china. Funny how some of the biggest capitalists are reaping the benefits from a communist government.