Mike,

Heard what happened and wanted to say I hope things are going well with you back home. Sorry this post couldnt be more timely, but really wish you the best at this time. Im sure the rest of the people here feel the same...I know our mutual mates in Niseko do. Take care and hoping youre back next season!!

+++++vibes mate+++++

Sorry but I think this is a good thread for Mike.

We can all give Mike our best. This may have been covered in other threads a while ago but I know that at the moment Mike would really like some well wishes from everybody beleive me he needs it.

Hi Mike - Hope you are doing well. wave kiss

Not quite sure what happened but get better soon Mike, hate hearing about people not being able to ski. Been there, not wanting to do that ever again.

Here's to a speedy recovery! cheers

I agree snowhuntress, I didn't know the development - though neither did anyone else in this very public thread, when a person may not want such a thing in public. So it seemed a rather strange thing to post here.

Whatever, all the best Mike.

Originally Posted By: SKI
I agree snowhuntress, I didn't know the development - though neither did anyone else in this very public thread, when a person may not want such a thing in public. So it seemed a rather strange thing to post here.

Whatever, all the best Mike.

Ski I did know of the development and had done for a few days. In NO WAY did I give any indication of what had happened on this forum I simply wished him the best and also was hoping that all his friends on this forum would be there for him.

As far as anyone else on this forum from reading my reply he could just have been missing the Dumpage in Niseko. My reply in no way was any different to CB, who I might add never mentioned anything either.

I hope it is not taken any other way and above all I hope that is how MP sees it. angry

But surely the original post with it's vagueness brings up questions that probably most people will have when reading it - ie. what happened, etc? - and whoever it is being talked about may well not particularly want such a personal thing discussed on a very public forum. As it is, it is now being dicsussed whether he likes it or not.

Mikes Posts last year where so brilliant and his photo's where totally spectacular SO this year when it was posted that he had to go home to look after his parents everyone was sadden 1) For his parents and 2) The Famous MikePow Threads weren't going to be there and he was going to be missing a season in his beloved Niseko (and surrounding fields). So for those of us Mike Pow groupies eventually the question was going to come up on how he was doing.

Once again it could have been how was he doing handle withdrawals from hitting the slopes everyday or how was he himself was doing??

No Malice or Nosyness was ever intended by anyone.

I agree with all you are saying about MikePow and if he is grieving the loss of family or whatever that is sad and my thoughts go out to him.

But what if he didn't want this very personal stuff disussed in public in its own new thread. Surely it should be up to him if he wants details out in the public, esp. as this has already been touched on in a few other threads.

Whether Mike himself is ok with it in this particular instance or not is really beside the point.

All good.

My Mum and elder brother passed away just before Christmas. Funeral was yesterday. Went really well. Home looking after my Dad who has Alzheimer's.

Missing the snow, but had 5 days in the Brecon Beacons so far. Hoping for more in the coming days.

Will do a Season Report soon.

Im looking forward to some pics of your new powder paradise!! Go on, jump those cornices mate!! We need some MP STOKE!!!

Kamui went off the hook on 1/1 mate, you woulda luuuuved it. There and Tokachidake were the best places for powder Ive ever had in my life!!!

wow Mike, thats a tough time you've been having. Hope you are as positive as can be, my wishes are with you thumbsup

I was just talking to my mum and she was saying that Dundee has had 8 inches of snow, which is huge for us and that unusually its hung around for a week or 2. Usually when it snows its in the city for a day or 2 then melts. My brother went up to Glenshee over New Year and the temp was -11 just outside the city!! I'm sure the beleagured Scottish sk resorts are enjoying the cold weather.

Well as Mike seems fine with this... very sorry to hear the personal news Mike. Must be hard, something I sometimes think of sometime in the future.

But looking forward to the Wales report, that will be very interesting!

friend