As a Powder Addict I've got to vote for Niseko!

There's so much terrain in and out of bounds to explore and the champagne powder just never stops falling!

But at the end of the day, I'd rather be on any mountain then parked behind a desk!!! \:D

Marc the BackCountryBoy cool.gif

I've never been to Niseko but have seen a lot of footage of the place. I've skied Hakkoda personally many, many times. I hope to get to Niseko next year. I would have to give the props to Niseko from what I've seen (in bounds). As far as Hakkoda OB, there is some insane stuff back there. Hakkoda is 6 or 8 peaks and there is some crazy BC to be had. I'm not sure about Niseko. Can you wait 8 months and I'll let you know?

I've been to both. I didn't pick a great powder weekend at Niseko, but from the pictures I've seen the powder looks just as good in Niseko as it is in Hakkoda. Since Hakkoda is only 2 hours away, it's my obvious favorite pick. But if you have to make a trip out of it and you're looking for amenities (bars, restaurants and places to stay) to go along with great boarding, I'd chose Niseko, especially if you don't speak Japanese. The guys at Niseko powder connection are great and they'll hook you up with anything you need!

I've only been to Hakkoda so far. This is my first year of skiing in Japan. It's been a very enjoyable year. Next year my bra Plucky will be healthy and ready to ski big time! Hopefully next year we'll be able to hit Niseko. I'm still planning on skiing Hakkoda a few more times...if anyone wants to go give me a holler.

Ski-On!

Ripper