had an awesome day up a Kagura yesterday......it was snowing from the Niigata side of the Gunma-Niigata tunnel and it didn't stop until about 12.30. The ungroomed slope on Kagura was mental, the first run down I got half way down before taking a major face shot and getting stuck waist deep, leaning down the hill!! After a few minutes to think of how to right myself without landing my head further into the snow I finally managed to get right ways up!! Although Kagura was (predictably) busy, the snow condition was amazing. Tashiro, when it finally opened up was untracked awesomeness!! Sadly I didn't get any pics as my battery died after 4 early mornig photos. Next ride will be at Shiga Kogen for New Years!!

Had a great day myself. Skied bottom of Hanazono, mostly in the Blueberries area. Plenty of people on piste but hardly a soul in the trees!! I had fresh tracks every run in up to waist deep, blower pow. Will go down as one of the better days I've ever had here thumbsup

GN! Fantastic!

My 12 yr old will be seriously jealous....he has not stopped talking about blueberry fields this week ... he will be headed straight there on the 27th.

How's the nighta for numbers?...the webcams have been looking pretty quiet.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
The ungroomed slope on Kagura was mental, the first run down I got half way down before taking a major face shot and getting stuck waist deep, leaning down the hill!! After a few minutes to think of how to right myself without landing my head further into the snow I finally managed to get right ways up!!

Sounds like you almost required a SNORKEL!

The line for the Kagura Gondola was pretty long but moved quickly, maybe a 10 min wait but the 4 person "high-speed" lift was anything but. Took ages to get on so we decided to avoid that at all costs, in the afternoon it was ok but by that time all Kagura was chopped up. We mainly played in the Kagura side of Tashiro, they opened the gates just as we got off the top lift at Kagura so we were one of the first official riders down there, even the cat track was fun!!

MB I could've done with one. After I fell and was hanging upside down, any small movement resulted in snow cascadng over my face, I had to have a good think of each and every movement so that I didn't get buried!

Was planning on going out on Xmas Eve, but think I will just wait until my New Year trip to Shga Kogen.