• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

LOL! People can be so dumb.

2 yrs ago we saw a lone ski with ski boot inside hurtling down the mountain in Niseko - some silly fellow had loosened his boots for the lift ride to get the blood circulating - but so much so that a boot actually slipped off his foot and ran away ski and all!! DANGEROUS!

One of the kids we were riding with in Thredbo this past July lost a run away board into the tree's - he was spitting the dummy with his brother mid slope and not only unclipped and took off his leash - he also THREW the board to the ground in a tanty! Needless to say the board took off and he spent 2 hours trying to find it (which he did)...and got an absolute tongue lashing from his Dad about the dangers of such behavior.

I would advocate the use of leashes for newbies just while they get used to the idea that boards can easily run way if you are not doing the right thing...but by the same token I don't think they actually offer much extra protection from run aways as boards most often gets away when they are being put on or taken off - and the leash is normally not on then....unless it is a long leg leash that you can walk with it still attached, and not many people use those.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic