I think they are just pretty relaxed about enforcing it.

Our last visit was Feb 2008. There were signs to "keep out" (at the top of most offpiste areas on Mt Isola).

It's not managed like Niseko.

We will be back again next Feb.

The above photo, as great as it is, though does not show you the main ski area of Rusutsu. The ski runs in the pic are mostly a small beginner area on West Mt. All the good stuff on East Mt and Mt Isola is looking the opposite way.

I love Rusutsu, my best day skiing last season was there. The patrol basically ignore people skiing off-piste unless you are stupid and come down directly under lifts.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
The above photo, as great as it is, though does not show you the main ski area of Rusutsu. The ski runs in the pic are mostly a small beginner area on West Mt. All the good stuff on East Mt and Mt Isola is looking the opposite way.
I love Rusutsu, my best day skiing last season was there. The patrol basically ignore people skiing off-piste unless you are stupid and come down directly under lifts.

phew!! I was thinking that the runs looked kinda boring and not what I expected Rusutsu to look like.