Originally Posted By: thursday
what?? you can bet on horse racing in Japan.

I dont think you can, but don't quote me (I heard that a journalist club got into hot water for holding a club lottery)

The law can become very hazy when do things like VNC to a computer in aus from japan and place a bet on a machine which is settled in aus.. As I understand it I believe that as far as BF goes you have settle bets on Australian markets on gear nailed to aus ground

** Disclaimer ** I have no $@#$@ idea what I am talking about razz

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Um no - you can quite easily gamble on a horse coming in first place. Did it this year at the Victoria cup in fuchu.

As I thought Rob. There would be no racing industry without the betting!

i use William Hill from Japan.

Japanese are actually in a round about way one of the worlds largest gamblers.

But remember Pachinko isn't gambling as such.....

Pachinko is bigger than the car industry in Japan.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Um no - you can quite easily gamble on a horse coming in first place. Did it this year at the Victoria cup in fuchu.

Actually RB not that easy, for horse racing you can of course bet at the race course - but you can only bet on horses at a few JRA off the track betting centers. They are called WINS. And there are not many around, i dont think there is one in Nagano at all!

there are some non-JRA race courses but these are a joke, some of the horses are pretty old...
Originally Posted By: Indo
My father in law bets on the gee gee's every week they are on.. Will have to ask if that is true Thursday.

The quinella combination was what my ex told me when she saw me doing the horses one day. So I presume it is/was true.

on the subject of biggest gamblers. Macau overtook Vegas in terms of turnover a few years back.

Macau, the ex-seedy gamblers den is now the gambling capital of the world. Newly promoted from the gambling capital of Asia.

Still very seedy in places though.

Originally Posted By: shadowtec
what?? you can bet on horse racing in Japan.

I dont think you can, but don't quote me (I heard that a journalist club got into hot water for holding a club lottery)

yeah you can, they had a Race Meet last week at the racecourse in Tokyo.
You can bet on J-League using the Toto system, bike racing, boat racing and the Lotto.
on the subject of biggest gamblers. Macau overtook Vegas in terms of turnover a few years back.

Macau, the ex-seedy gamblers den is now the gambling capital of the world. Newly promoted from the gambling capital of Asia.

Still very seedy in places though.

yeah, my old company did some great business in Macau, I loved visiting there!