I have a quick question. Done a bit of looking on their websites and stuff and still confused, so if someone here could give me a simple answer!

Is Hanazono part of Niseko Grand Hirafu?

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: thursday
Hirafu - Tokyu Fine Management Limited

Is there something one should know about Tokyu Resorts?

The ski areas of theirs that I have been to seem like friendly, well-run family resorts. But I've never been to Hirafu.

Is there some sort of dark side to watch out for?
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Are you Italian ?

Are you trying to suggest that my idea of "well-run" may not be finely tuned?

It was a sincere question. As I said, I've never been to Hirafu, but Thursday keeps making these comments about the place, so I'm wondering what the issue is. A quick search in the forum archives didn't turn up anything, but perhaps I haven't looked hard enough.

if you want to know in detail. GN is the man to contact. Ask for either

a) rant

B) full on rant

But for us punters on the ground we can only hope that one day there would be some real hospitality venues which can make international visitors go "wow, that is swish".

The above seemed to be nearing realization when PCCW bought Hanazono. But right now PCCW are too busy gathering cash to pounce on struggling asset management arms of floundering insurance companies.

But right now PCCW are too busy gathering cash to pounce on struggling asset management arms of floundering insurance companies.

Aint that the case with many company's and their projects at the moment...
Grand Hirafu is owned by Tokyu Resorts. A fine bunch of gentlemen.

Do they actually own the mountain or just the lifts?
But for us punters on the ground we can only hope that one day there would be some real hospitality venues which can make international visitors go "wow, that is swish".

Ah, so is it mainly an issue for overseas seekers of swish, and not so much something that would impact weekend warriors with kids?

If so, I could live with that.

Well, if you have tried booking direct, you'd notice with utter disdain that the weekends at the hotels are always booked out. Meaning weekenders have a real hard time to get accomodation --> shortage of rooms.

On the other hand, there are lots ans lots of self catering places, which for a Japanese couple wanting a weekend away, sounds like more house chores on one's weekend off.

And look at that welcome centre. Welcome what?? It's a hut where you go buy bus tickets, and a room above that called a cafe. C'mon, look at the 308, that is what's needed at the Hirafu carpark.

And the zoo with the poor penguins who don't know what to do with themselves?? Get a decent enclosure, in concrete, with viewing platforms and get some polar bears in. Feeding of the penguins to the polar bears at 4 pm each day, before you get onsened for dinner.

There's a whole miss mash of things going on and no united coordination.