Food advertising - let's comparing

Top photos, in real life.

Bottom photos, what those scoundrel marketing peeps try to tell us they look like!

grandpa

Any more?

>>>>>

Whopper

Burger-King-whopper-006.jpg

Arby’s beef ‘n’ cheddar sandwich

Arbys-beef-and-cheddar-004.jpg

Wendy's Chicken Club sandwich

Wendy-s-chicken-club-001.jpg

McDonald’s sausage breakfast burrito.

McDonalds-sausage-burrito-003.jpg

I remember watching an episode of The Gruen Transfer, where the panel was advising that there are poeple employed who manufacture the artifical food, made for advertising,

Tricks included flame grilling the meat with an oxy torch, even the sesame seats are individaully glued on the to the "bun" to look picture-perfect

Even if the top burger shot was assembled for a photo, and could ACTUALLY be produced by a chef in the Macca's test kitchen you have to know it is the pimple faced teenager from up the street that is assembling 125 of these fatfests every hour or so. They are NEVER gonna look like the pic are they?

I KNOW this to be fact.

I make bacon and eggs and toast and coffee almost every single day, but when ,my kids bring it to me on Mothers Day it rarely resembles what I serve them day in and day out.

But come on how is that different to the plastic food you see advertised in shop windows in Japan?

So many times have been disappointed when have ordered something and hasn't looked anything like the food shown in the window.

Depends what it is.

I had a seafood teppan set from edoteppan for lunch yesterday. The pic had it all displayed in a lovely laquered obento box with the little miso soup in a lovely bowl on the tray. Mixed fruit salad in there too.

Nup - plastic divided tray (one of those ones you better pick up with two hands or they will bend) - separate plastic bowl for the miso - how the hell do I carry all this? Ummm right two trips! It was WAY less visually appealing that the pic. The fruit salad was an orange [fullstop] - not that I was going to eat that or the rice anyway.

It tasted great - but it hardly matched up with the pic.