Overseas readers - whats the least number of days you'd consider for a Japan visit?

Some comments in the other thread got me thinking about this, and resolved to be more adventurous in my adventures this coming season.

If you are overseas, what is the least number of days that you would consider for a trip to Japan?

We need country and number of days wink

muika, I'm really beginning to miss Japan. (as much as I miss OZ)

I don't wanna stay for more than 5 days at my parents, some friends to visit, so...

6 weeks ( then again if I am going that long might as well be a year) Germany

muck

got cheap airfares with jetstar in late feb early march 2010 , $1600 oz in total for 2 adults and 2 children , gold coast / osaka return . have to go to niseko this time as we have free accommodation at an apartment called the vale . never been to niseko so hoping for the best ! are there as many bogans in niseko as people describe on the ski forums ?

anyway it will be 7 nights away [ 1 nikko kansei , 6 niseko ]. its way too short but what else can you do with children at school [ no not leave them at home ] .

going to asahikawa / furano in jan. 2010 for 14 days . will visit asahidake / tomamu and sahoro that trip .

I was in Hakuba earlier this year for only 4 nights, but work had covered all my fixed transport costs to/from australia.

If i was paying the whole lot myself, it would need to be at least 7 nights on snow or the fixed travel costs are too big a part of the total cost.

Its also a function of who you are travelling with. i find if I'm travelling with friends/family then i like to go longer, whereas on my own, I cant seem to stay as long

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Australia - as long as possible, but would do a weekender under the right conditions.

wow.....a Sugar Mama!! just what I need!! wink
A weekend trip from Perth, really??!

rollabout
(yes really - under the RIGHT circumstances!)
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Australia - as long as possible, but would do a weekender under the right conditions.

wow.....a Sugar Mama!! just what I need!! wink
A weekend trip from Perth, really??!

rollabout
(yes really - under the RIGHT circumstances!)

like after a lotto win, the Aussie Dollar stomping on the yen and santa claus to offer you a ride on his sleigh?? wink

For our family of four.8 days min.Having 14 days in 2010 would like longer but work interferes.longer time there would allow more culture time.so much to see but snow comes first groovy