SJ COMPETITION - "Restaurant naming" competition - Double Black White Horse (Hakuba, Nagano)

• SnowJapan Admin

snowjapangiveaways.gif

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/giveaway-double-black-white-horse.html

Welcome to the first Giveaway/Competition of the 09/10 season. It's still very early of course with months to go before the season gets underway, but we have a lot to fit in.

For this first one, something a bit different.... your chance to leave your mark on a restaurant in Hakuba!

Here's what the competition is all about:

Quote:
Help us find a name for the restaurant and bar at the Double Black - White Horse Hotel in Hakuba. The restaurant serves up a modern western style menu with a Japanese influence at a reasonable price. It has seating for 44 people and kids are welcome and well catered for. Along with a large timber bar and comfortable couch and tub chairs the area has a high vaulted ceiling with a huge feature BBQ. A great range of international wines, beers and top shelf spirits are on offer along with Illy coffee served throughout the day. Opening hours at the bar are 5pm until 11pm and the restaurant 6pm until 9pm everyday of the winter season.

So, put on the thinking caps and think of a good name for the restaurant and then go to the page below to enter and your chance to win.

WHAT IS THE PRIZE:

Two nights accommodation at the Double Black - White Horse Hotel for 2 including breakfast each morning, a 3 course dinner for two in the newly named restaurant with a bottle of wine, free Hakuba shuttle service to all ten of the ski resorts in the valley and Hakuba Station transfers.

The prize is NON-TRANSFERABLE (ie. only the winner can use them).

GIVEAWAY PERIOD:

Friday 11th September - Thursday 1st October 2009

HOW TO ENTER:

Go here!

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/giveaway-double-black-white-horse.html

doubleblackcomp-c.JPG

More details about this Giveaway, including conditions and validity, can be found on the above page (above).

Please note that you need to be logged into SJ Insider to be able to enter the giveaway. To register, click here.

Many thanks to White Horse Hotels for co-operating with us in this Competition.

Good luck to you all!

---------------------------------------------

Look out for weekly giveaways on SnowJapan as the 09/10 season gets underway.

• 2 months later...

Ladies and Gents,

I distinctly recall great discussion on how long the minimum time would need to be for someone to travel internationally to Japan, revolving around this competition.

I said a weekender.

Now I have to put my money where my mouth is (and gladly so wink )

Because the winner is ME .

I finally get to come enjoy the slopes of Hakuba!! clap

At this stage I will be coming over in March for my birthday, and intend on buying anyone who comes and wishes me a Happy Birthday a drink to share my good fortune. cheers

THANKS SJ! kiss

And thanks to Double Black White Horse, Hakuba!!! kiss

My birthday is the 5th so I would like go then GG, but my eldest turns 18 on the 1st so we might have to have a big party before we leave ... will keep you posted as to exactly when wink I also have a good friend (Deaf) going to be there late Feb/early March - and it would be great to catch up with her... so many decisions to make!!

I am VERY excited to be heading to Hakuba. And I am sure the inevitable comparisons will be made, but I think every destination has its own special charm. Photo's and TR MOST definitely!