• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

homemade wholemeal bread, magical!! nowt wrong with a good bit o Hovis m'lad!! biggrin

I made pancakes for brekkie this morning, slathered 1 in butter and the other in jam.....not healthy but damn they tasted good!!

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Omit the bread and you will be doing fine Stem.

Nothing wrong with rye/wholemeal breads in the am. That kind of brekkie will actually help contain the appetite... All those "go without diets" people end up craving, so whats the point?
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
homemade wholemeal bread, magical!! nowt wrong with a good bit o Hovis m'lad!! biggrin

I made pancakes for brekkie this morning, slathered 1 in butter and the other in jam.....not healthy but damn they tasted good!!

Are we talking pancakes PANCAKES or weird hotcake thingies?

More worried about Voltarin. They are OK to rub it in your skin. (non prescription in Europe )

but the oral ones really stuff up your gut.

And stuff white bread, too. How are you guys coping with crappy japanese bread that you can squeeze into a tiny little ball. Is that why you are all going for home made wholemeal stuff?

You don't like rye ?

Best thing for winter, it really warms you up. But why would you choose something with all the good stuff taken out and bleached?

By the way, I'm hunting for maples. Want to make real maple syrup ...

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
More worried about Voltarin. They are OK to rub it in your skin. (non prescription in Europe )
but the oral ones really stuff up your gut.

Dont worry Jynxx - I made sure I took them on a full stomach - and only as many as are necessary to get the shoulder right. I hate popping pills.

Bacon and Eggs in bed courtesy of Papa's kitchen skills this morning.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
proper pancakes, thin, the size of the pan with little air bubbles in em!1 What the yanks (and the French) may call crepes, but not THAT thin

Ok - when can you cook me breakfast? All I had today was mixed fruit, coffee and chessecake. wink