Originally Posted By: thursday
snookered? Behind a brown or infront of a pink lol

either way mate I'm pretty good at snooker and I'm comfortable sinking the pink or downing the brown! lol
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HDD is a resource though isn't it? OK - not in the same vein as CPU or RAM, but still, its an important factor when buying a pc or HDD.

Surprised that the "smaller" editions don't require "smaller" space.

The full thing is, I believe, on each version - you just unlock parts that you pay for.

I think it's moaning for moaning's sake. For most modern PCs with huge HDDs, whats the problem? I disagree that it's a problem when buying a pc.

Questions need to be asked about Windows, due to its monopolistic control of home/business o/s . So many people just got out and buy/upgrade because it's the new thing or feel they should - why is it so bad to point out problems of Windows?

What does this point have to do with being computer literate or not?

Surely it is only the 'computer literate' who will know anything about this particular issue. For I would say the vast majority of people they won't know and won't care and it simply won't affect them in the slightest.

Why?

How about some couple who buy a new pc, and they are sold a HDD that is 250gb in size, but it is "missing" 20gb when they first check it?

have you ever worked in computer support? these kinds of questions do come up - "why am I missing x amount?" , "why is my pc taking longer and longer to boot up?", "how do I install x language pack?" "why do I have to logoff/log on to change the language pack?".

Quote:
How about some couple who buy a new pc, and they are sold a HDD that is 250gb in size, but it is "missing" 20gb when they first check it?

"It's the operating system, sir, it is needed to run the computer."

(This is hardly a new issue. Every OS takes up space, just the number will differ.)

Quote:
"why am I missing x amount?"

see above

Quote:
"why is my pc taking longer and longer to boot up?"
"how do I install x language pack?"
"why do I have to logoff/log on to change the language pack?"

unrelated to install size

Originally Posted By: klingon

Quote:
"why is my pc taking longer and longer to boot up?"
"how do I install x language pack?"
"why do I have to logoff/log on to change the language pack?"

unrelated to install size

related to windows, no?

Been waiting and will be getting a new notebook in November.

Looking forward to it.

No idea how much of an install base XP, Vista, 7 or Mac or anything else use and really don't care all that much.