Easy solution to this one.

If you use gmail or hotmail, just click the 'this is spam' button.

That sends a spam report and if enough people do it their emails will no longer get through google/msn spam filter, and the sender risks trouble with the ISP or getting on mail blacklists.

And that is just as worse when it is an office joke and the sender hasn't the brain to delete all the email history before sending it on.

I sometimes reply all and say "Oh, goody! Looky all the id10ts I can spam because someone is too lazy!"

Gets a few laughs and lots of notice.

**---> even worse when the n00b that sent that email with all those addresses on display is sending on one of those viral "warnings" that are utter cr@p.

[at least with a funny you get SOMETHING of value for all that risk]

If I get one of these warnings, first thing I do is check out SNOPES and make sure there are no mythbusting details. People get really miffed when I then 'Reply All' with the link to the snopes page....funny how most of my friends no longer send me viral warnings.

Originally Posted By: inner muppet
Even worse when they cc you with hundreds of other email addresses that you can actually see.

I hate that happening too. Often let them know too.

it's great, there's always some noob in the office, picks an innocuous looking group from the adress book and asks a really dumb question.

Of course, the group is a global broadcast group. Great laugh.

Hey,mama, you too!

I do that all the time, We have a chronic forwarder and she gets the tom tits when I do that. BUT that doesn't stop her!

What is a "global broadcast group"?

One Niseko company decided to put me on a list, after I had simply sent them an email, and then proceeded to send me "newsletters" cc'd to hundreds of other addresses.

They sure lost the chance of any business from me.