Hi all

I'm looking for some info on historical weather/snowfalls. I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere on SJ before, but after half an hour of fruitless searching I can't seem to find it.

If I click on a specific resort, it has a monthly chart which lists the average snowfalls per month, which is very helpful, but I'm wondering if there is anything more detailed on this site?

Muchos apologies if this info is in a really obvious spot but I just can't find it.

Jut trying to plan a trip for next winter and am thinking of the best dates.

Cheers

• SnowJapan Admin

There isn't more detailed data on the pages, spook, sorry.

What you could do is look at the archives of the daily reports we do - might not be exactly the kind of thing you want but there is definitely useful info in there, for those popular regions:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/nowcalendar.php

(If anyone else has any other info for this kind of thing we would be keen to hear about it - please contact us directly and we will see what we can do. Thanks.)

I would think the best time in terms of snowfall in most areas on an normal year would be mid-January to mid-February.

Originally Posted By: spook
Just trying to plan a trip for next winter and am thinking of the best dates.

If that's the case, simple..... best dates are mid-Jan - mid-Feb, as SJF said.
Originally Posted By: SKI
Originally Posted By: spook
Just trying to plan a trip for next winter and am thinking of the best dates.

If that's the case, simple..... best dates are mid-Jan - mid-Feb, as SJF said.

yup. i thought so too. just thought i'd dig around a bit more.
cheers for all the info SJF and GoNative. i am having a slow day here so will rumage around through it all.