The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spineless 2nd half.

Blackburn have a habit of being stubborn like that. They worked hard.

I can't see Chelsea messing up that much now either.

It will be sickening to see John Terry lift the cup.

Any other person would be better.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Did he bollocks.

article-0-091580F8000005DC-694_468x423.j

it's easy to show a picture like that, perhaps you can find one from a different angle with the ball at the same height as his boot to make it look like he was going for the ball. wink
Anyway, even if he was going for the ball - which he wasn't - that is still an extremely reckless and dangerous challenge.

How was it a tackle when James Milner didn't have control of the ball?
Dunno.

Then why did you say "tackle"?

while I hate John Terry, and all that he stands for as a player and a person,hearing some of the comments people have made in newspapers and forums, seems like they are baying for his blood.
Quote:
Most forms of football have a move known as a tackle. The primary purposes of tackling is to disposses an opponent of the ball, to stop the player from gaining ground towards goal or to stop them from carrying out what they intend.

The word is used in some contact variations of football to describe the act of physically holding or wrestling a player to the ground. In others, it simply describes one or more methods of contesting for possession of the ball. It can therefore be used as both a defensive or attacking move.

I think we can safely classify it as a tackle.
Originally Posted By: RobBright
while I hate John Terry, and all that he stands for as a player and a person,hearing some of the comments people have made in newspapers and forums, seems like they are baying for his blood.

I would say generally quite the opposite.
They have traditionally given him wayyyy to much slack, probably because he was the 'lionheart' captain of England.

That's not a red card in my book. 50-50 ball.

20 goals in 18 games for Tevez, most of them under Mancini I suppose. "Fergie sign him up!" indeed.