The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres had very little to do though, the service up to him wasn't that great BUT all he needs is a half chance and he'll score. Kuyt had a similar chance earler on and instead of shooting he elected to pass it back into the congested area!

I think Mascerano is crap, he can't pass anything further than 5 yards and rarely is it forward. While that is ok when you have a player like Alonso playing next to you, allowing him to do the fancy attacking passes, its very limiting when you have another crappy player like Lucas. Insua didn't have a good game either, Liverpool need a good left back as well.

Table not looking so bad anymore. We are 2 wins behind everyone, its nothing really, especially this season with (dare I say it) the big 4 looking to grow to a big 6.

Mascerano is good player. He looked like a non-leaguer at West Ham, but you can blame Alan Pardew for that. Nice spot by Benny, I think. He could easily have slipped out of British football.

Please take a moment to join me in laughing at Real Madrid:

Quote:
Coach Manuel Pellegrini was "very embarrassed" after Real Madrid were crushed 4-0 by third tier village side Alcorcon in the Spanish King's Cup.

Real fielded a strong team but were 3-0 down to the Segunda Division B club by half-time in the round of 32 first leg.

"There's no reason or explanation for how the team performed. We hope our fans can forgive us," said Pellegrini.

Real director general Jorge Valdano also apologised to fans but backed under-fire Pellegrini.

"It's difficult and I know how the Madrid supporters must be feeling," Valdano stated on the club's website.

lol lol lol

honto?

Though Liverpool are yet to rule him out of tomorrow's match at Fulham, the papers claim that Rafa Benitez is fearful Steven Gerrard will require an operation to solve his groin injury. He's making a very slow recovery, apparently