The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also taped it. Sunderland just wanted it more we had no time on the ball and everytime you saw the wingers looking up, there was just two midgets standing motionless in the center being marked by 4 sunderland players. grim.

doh

We have defensive problems.

CL mid-week but some good games next Saturday with Liverpool vs ManYoo being perhaps getting the most headlines.

Birmingham v Sunderland, 15:00

Bolton v Everton, 15:00

Burnley v Wigan, 15:00

Chelsea v Blackburn, 15:00

Hull v Portsmouth, 15:00

Liverpool v Man Utd, 15:00

Man City v Fulham, 15:00

Tottenham v Stoke, 15:00

West Ham v Arsenal, 15:00

Wolverhampton v Aston Villa, 15:00

T may make a surprise recovery at the last minute, lets see.

All this talk of G&T got me drinking it on friday night at karaoke - stinking hangover the next day and didnt do our luck any good either.

Quote:
Mischievous fans of rival teams have flocked to Liverpool's official online store to buy the club out of beach balls.

The Reds lost 1-0 to Sunderland on Saturday courtesy of a Darren Bent strike that deflected in off a large red ball that had been thrown into the penalty box by a Liverpool supporter.

Opposition fans revelling in Rafa Benitez's side's misery have bought all remaining 'beach sets' from the online shop, which consist of a towel, a bag and the now-infamous beach ball.

The sets had been reduced from £20 to £10 and have now sold out. They will be a must-have item for travelling supporters visiting Anfield in coming weeks.

Several web users have also left spoof reviews on the site.

'Natalie from Manchester' wrote: "I bought this set, but seem to have lost the ball in Sunderland. Is it possible to order a replacement?" while 'G from Johnon' commented: "This is one of the most flexible products I have ever purchased. Great for not only the beach, but can also play up front."

Liverpool fans are unlikely to see the funny side; the defeat was their fourth of the season, and leaves them seven points off the top of the Premier League.

lol

That new fullback looked decent, though he lacked the attacking verve of Glen Johnson.

Ngog: did a decent job of holding the ball up but he is no Drogba - I reckon he is just being put in the shop window and will be out in the summer for a few million. Still waiting for our Keane replacement and man do we need one. Bring back Crouch or Anelka - why did we let them go!

If we lose to Man Utd, as I feel is highly likely, its real crisis time I think. I believe we have Arse soon after too...