yep thats true....my mrs loves the shit....I simply think its shit!! Her granny makes it, so we had a bucket (yes a bucket!!) of the shit clogging up and stinking out our fridge!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Bavarian girl loves nattoh. We drop raw egg york and a bit of soy and mustard and whip it up. Yum ! Fermented food is great! Nattoh. what's so different compared to Golgonzola or Stilton cheese?

As for the proper way to make Ika-no- shio-kara, Hokkaido style

Jig and catch live squid. Take off the slime and skin. Chop him up into a wooden Oke (bucket) and mix the insides including the Sumi (black ink) and salt (or soy)

Eat it straight away or let it ferment in the wooden bucket.

YUM...

TB your discription reminds me of my high school days.

Our Do-gi (Judo wear) in summer that's been in the locker and haven't been washed for 2 weeks and we had to grapple with some of them. Oph !!

However, in no way it stinks like natto.

Funny some noses can tolerate one smelly food and not the other....

I found the Wonda Premium to be the best coffee in a can. I only started drinking coffee around italians, so I can't even stand instant and this is the only one I would drink over there...

I don't drink instant coffee...

Once went to Broken Hill in NSW Aust.

Ordered a cappuccino where there was a machine. She frosted the milk with it but made the coffee with Instant Roast (the worst) instant coffee. I complained and she said it's the same.

Some people doesn't have the taste buds, can't taste the difference...

But that stuff in a can. It's there because it tastes like those coffee bonbons (candy drops)

so if you think it gives sweets a bad name, think again, cos not many coffee drinker is desperate to drink that stuff...

Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
I can't think of many bad bakeries, can you? wink

I sure can. About 90% of the bakeries in Sapporo. All corporate chain bakeries. Passable fare at best. Most of it looks appetizing, but the giveaway is the lack of weight of your item when you pick it up with the tongs.

Put it straight back down and avoid disappointment. Most items are only 100-180 yen so I guess you're getting what you deserve.

The worst chain I found was Hokyo (sp.?). Very cheap and very nasty.

Best in Sapporo was the bakery at the Grand Hotel, or the German joint in Maruyama (where the cutest Grandma on Earth does a sensational kebab).
Originally Posted By: Greenroome
Best in Sapporo was the bakery at the Grand Hotel, or the German joint in Maruyama (where the cutest Grandma on Earth does a sensational kebab).

Most (all?) of the good bakeries and cake shops are over in Maruyama!

What Are Your favourite On-Mountain Foods

Will this topic be the quickest to reach 100 posts in the shortest amount of views?

There that's number 97 I think.

Come on SJer's make it happen

Will this topic be the quickest to reach 100 posts in the shortest amount of views

By 'posts' I mean 'replies'....................(98)

I'm going to bed now

Sorry, back on topic - Can I get kani ramen in Nozawa Onsen?

I tried most places last Feb but could not find.

Same question goes for Shiga Kogen where I will be next Feb

Good night yawn