yes sakebomb I'm an amp.that uses one ski and a pair of modified crutches called outriggers they have a ski tip on each end hence three tracks in the snow,I've only just discovered the freedom of ski-ing and look to improve,tell me how different is powder to ski? do you need a fatter ski or shorter??? dimce

When I was in Les Portes du Soleil, I saw several guys, on several occasions, skiing with only one leg. They all had some special/modified equipment. In each case, their skiing skills were superior to mine by far. Impressive!

I met a guy up in Niseko 3-4 years ago who had only one leg, top guy and funny as hell. Hadnt seen him since and we ended up staying at Snowbeds at the same time over Xmas/NYs!! It was nuts!! Small world. Anyways, he skis almost daily and loved it over at both Niseko and 47. Dont think theres any problem at all.

I've seen a Japanese 3-tracker (never heard the term before now) ski quite often (every day?) at Chise Nupuri (lesser known Niseko resort). Also, there is often a group of guys on those chairs attached to a ski with outrigger stocks at Rusutsu (kind of close to Niseko). Enjoy.

Thanks for your support people,we are both looking forwards to skiing your part of the world and try some powder,has anyone stayed at australia house before? any feedback appreciated,also those hot springs look tempting..thanks ..Dimce

Yeah yama didnt that guy cook up the biggest pasta Snobeds had ever seen?

Funny thing about that guy. We met him at 47 and chatted it up in line. I was touring a family of 3+1friend+markie. the 9 year old in the group asked me "how does he ski with one leg" I said "I dont know ask him" so he does "excuse me sir how do you ski with one leg" the man says "its the only way I know how to ski". We all had a good chuckle at that.