Why does this always happne when I am in Japan?!

Anyone in NZ looking at this site who lives close to a resort looking for a young and intelligent skicrazed J-speaking guy? Will work for powder.

i went to mt hutt last summer

complete waste of time!! when it does snow, the access road is closed and when you can get up there it's sheet ice. I did the biggest slide of my life on my backside there!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by klubhead:
i went to mt hutt last summer
complete waste of time!! when it does snow, the access road is closed and when you can get up there it's sheet ice. I did the biggest slide of my life on my backside there!!!
Perhaps you should learn to ride better \:D

yeah, that is a bit harsh clubby, but i can see where you`re comin from.

righto,ya want tha trukkin` scoop on `Da Hutt`? well, here it is.

My first trip to Mt. Hutt was very memorable for many reasons. We arrived at Cc at about 8o`clock at night, proceeded to pick-up our Maui camper and made our way to `Hutty`, as we called it. it had been dunpin prior to our arrival in enzed so we were keen for some freshies.

we found our way there thanks to tha help of petrol station assistants, 7/11 staff and a kind gent at a bottle shop.

anyboby whose ever been there knows the road up isn`t exactly the best road in the world. in fact, it`s probly the worst! we thought we`d drive right to the top and park in the day car-park. WRONG. we only made it about half way up. putting chains on in sub-zero temps. while you`re pissed and bent is not fun. so, we decided to park on the side of the road, get some shut-eye and make our way up the next morning.

we awoke to the sound of a road grader clearing the road at about 5:30a.m. Darryl (yes, his real name) towed us up the remainder of the way so i slipped him 20 large. Later that night we hooked-up with Darryl again in the brown pub that`s really cream, and he told us that where we parked, cars have actually been blown off tha road bcos of tha wind! so we threw some more bourbons down his throat.

we were there for a long weekend (read: Bledisloe Cup weekend). we scored good, not great, snow and conditions. seven guys in a six berth camper wakaranai.gif we all picked-up, austrailia beat the all blacks(who cares), meet some awesome people including Darryl, had a chopper flight around Hutty and all in all had a ballsa of a time. :p

thats y i rekon your bein a bit harsh clubby. lol ;\)

• 2 weeks later...

no, not harsh, just honest, queenstown/wanaka have much better areas and around christchurch, the clubfields are way better

and mogski i can probably ride better than you, i just don't like boarding on sheet ice

mt hutt is totally over-rated, the only good boarding around there is by helicopter.

save up your cash and go heliboarding, i'm planning to go again next year, straight to wanaka, no mt hutt