It was the president's plane, he wasn't aboard.

I might sound a little callous here, I don't mean to, but I'm a bit fed up hearing about the American's reactions to 9/11, its not as if it was the 1st ever terrorist atrocity!! Sure it was terrible, many people lost loved ones and I was hugely sympathetic in the aftermath of this tradgedy but it was 8 years ago!! I don't recall hearing the same amount of press coverage over the Lockerbie Bombing (Pan-Am) from 1988, or the Omagh (and countless other bomings in N.Ireland) 8 years after the fact.

I don't mean to belittle the actual tradgedy, because it was horrific, but I sometimes think that the American press just seem to think that terrorism started in 2001 and only happens to America.

The press in all countries is very local-centric...because the people in all countries want it to be. People want to know about their friends & neighbors, or about how things are going to affect them personally. Just human nature.

Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
The press in all countries is very local-centric...because the people in all countries want it to be. People want to know about their friends & neighbors, or about how things are going to affect them personally. Just human nature.

This is true, but when you have a supposed international news channel (CNN-J), surely the balance should be "international" and not just the same programming as the US.