30-stone mother admits to feeding triplets junk food... and to giving them their first McDonald's at just six months

She made history as the fattest ever mother of triplets, weighing in at 40 stone.

But far from ensuring her babies don't go the same way she did, Leanne Salt is happy to admit feeding them junk food, including fish and chips and McDonald's meals.

Yesterday the 24-year-old - still dangerously overweight at 30 stone - told of her approach to motherhood which doctors say is certain to leave them facing health problems.

'They were six months old when they had their first McDonald's,' she said. 'They had chicken nuggets and chips and loved it.

'They like fish and chips too, but I take the batter off the fish, so I guess that's healthy.'

Miss Salt's immense weight meant the safe delivery of her triplets - daughters Deanna and Daisy, and son Finlee - last August was a major challenge for medics.

It took a 68-strong team(!??!?!?!) and a bill for the NHS of £200,000, including a specially-built operating table for her Caesarean section.

Now back home in Coventry and living on benefits, she says she is too busy to prepare proper meals for her triplets or do much in the way of housework.

Miss Salt, who blames her obesity on a thyroid problem, fell pregnant after seeing her then boyfriend for just four weeks.

They split up halfway through her pregnancy, and she now lives with her mother Jane, 46, and brother Blane, neither of whom is overweight.

The babies each consume around 1,249 calories a day, nearly double the recommended 765 for their 17lb weight at the age of eight months.

article-1174210-04B0E57C000005DC-833_468

HELLO angry isn't what she is doing a form of child abuse??????? Those kids should be taken off her for their own good. Funny how many overweight people have a thyroid problem (sorry to all the geniune thyroid problem suffers) DAH!!!!! Do you thinkg your friggin obese weight has anything to do with the crap that you are shovelling down your throat. GET A LIFE!!!!! I to was way over weight 166cm 80kgs. I lost 35kg's and you know what my weight gain was purely from eating CRAP!!!

This poor girl is 24 years old someone needs to get her some HELP! DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!!!

I agree snowhuntress - and I also fight a daily battle with my weight. Basically carbs + me = not good .... but I take responsibility for that - and as healthy as they are a food - no more wholegrain breads or rice or pasta for me :(

She needs to realise that what we eat is fuel for our bodies - I am not gonna stick random crap into my cars fuel tank and hope it runs well - I go to reliable branded clean petrol stations and use a high octane unleaded fuel to make sure. Same with food (with the occassional indulgence) - if you live on Macca's and Fish and Chips then the result is the picture above.

But worse - without adequate nutirition her children will have stunted development - and as politically insensitive as it is to say it - that means lower IQ's, and the problem perpetuating...

She needs someone to challenge her - not donate stuff to her. Why pay her for her story - why doesnt the tabloid offer to pay her for an ONGOING story of her reeducation and weightloss, and have a full page with daily diet plans, and simple recipes that other people in her situation can follow. Nah - doesnt make as good a story does it!

slap

Problem is, the "help" she is getting seems to be doing nothing to stop her from doing what she's doing. Possibly even encouraging it.

New goals for teenagers...?

Well if I can't be the best athlete, or the smartest graduating class member, or the most talented artist - then I may as well eat the most crap, get the fattest, get pregnant the youngest and get myself in a tabloid.

doh

the slobs! awesome skit that one... she does look quite like Waynetta....speaking of "Harry and chums" I wonder what abuse the "Gits" would hurl at her....or Frank and George: the self righteous brothers..."Oi Salt no! you will not stuff your fat ugly face and the three faces of your kiddies..."

* I just recently rewatched all the Harry Enfield/ Paul Whitehouse stuff of the 1990's - timeless and still extremely funny.

Originally Posted By: Indo
in respones to the initial post..
Isn't that child abuse?

Yes

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
HELLO isn't what she is doing a form of child abuse??????? Those kids should be taken off her for their own good.

Originally Posted By: mamabear
But worse - without adequate nutirition her children will have stunted development - and as politically insensitive as it is to say it - that means lower IQ's, and the problem perpetuating...

Here's the latest "star":

The 17-year-old girl who drinks a bottle of vodka and eight cans of beer EVERY day

A 17-year-old girl who drinks a litre of vodka and eight cans of beer every day has admitted spending most of her £47-a-week benefits on alcohol.

Jamie-Lee Day claims that she would rather buy vodka than food and boasts 'she can drink absinthe like water'.

Her shocking case comes a new study showed that binge drinking among women has more than doubled in eight years.

It found that 15 per cent of women regularly consume twice the state-approved safe limit.

Jamie-Lee, from South Wales, has been involved in a string of violent brawls while drunk and gave up a course in business admin because of her drinking.

She said: 'I do feel guilty, but I need booze to get through life and would rather buy vodka than food.

'My mum worries, so she helps with food shopping and bills, leaving me cash for drink.

article-1177747-04CC720F000005DC-60_468x

ooohhhh the poster girl for Chavness!! Get her mum in the clink, as well, this bint isn't even old enough to buy alcohol, what the fluk is her mother thinking about??!!

note to PM G. Brown:

Dear Mr Brown, get off yer fat arse and take those benefits back off of that lazy little tinker!!

Just mad it really is.

Can't believe I'm shaking my head at a Daily Mail article. Makes me feel a bit old that!