There is also an English Ski School in Akakura or you could possibly also look up Bill Ross in neighbouring Akakan Resort. Other schools elsewhere are listed here: http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/english.html

As for eating habits you'll be able to find pizza, fries, tempura fish, noodles, sizzling steak, etc. without too much problem if they get real fussy. If they don't like the breakfast you can buy buns and flavoured milk from the local convenience store.

Good luck! MG

Thanks people for the suggestions.

The kids would like the bullet train ride and seeing the monkeys, so the main island might be the go.

I have some how organised 2 ski trips in the next 10 months (not sure how i got that through the board of control, aka the misses) so by the time we get to Japan hopefully the kids will only need a 2 or 3 days worth of instruction and then we can all rip together. With Dad slipping away at times to ski some real stuff on his own!!!

Originally Posted By: thursday
Ok. I win my bet. SJF, please collect my check from Bag. Cheers.

you have foresaken your winnings for spelling it the heathen way....shame on you Thursday!!!

wink
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: thursday
Ok. I win my bet. SJF, please collect my check from Bag. Cheers.

you have foresaken your winnings for spelling it the heathen way....shame on you Thursday!!!

wink

I apologize immensely. I didn't think anybody would notice, especially the OP.
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
>Bill Ross has been interviewed several times by some of the Japanese ski mags. seems to have a great thing going on over there.

Yep, he's pretty much an ornament up this way. He and a few other local identities really opened up free-heel not just in Myoko, but Japan in general I think.
  • 7 months later...

OK I'm back now so sorry to be silent for so long, had a miscarriage and hoping to be pregars next year - hence the trip to Japan before we pop a baby out. THANKS to everyone who did reply and as I was new to these forums I have no idea how to get notifications sent to my email so I know when people have replied.

We are heading to Hakuba GORYU - 47 and staying at Aqua Alpine Hotel, just started a new topic on the bullet train.

Sorry to be so slient.

Originally Posted By: BeeBeeDee
OK I'm back now so sorry to be silent for so long, had a miscarriage and hoping to be pregars next year - hence the trip to Japan before we pop a baby out. THANKS to everyone who did reply and as I was new to these forums I have no idea how to get notifications sent to my email so I know when people have replied.
We are heading to Hakuba GORYU - 47 and staying at Aqua Alpine Hotel, just started a new topic on the bullet train.
Sorry to be so slient.

Oh my. Sorry to hear about that. Please be patient and have a tongue in cheek for the buggers on SJ. Relax, have a good time.