For the first time today I felt that I missed the adventure of heading up to the snow for the weekend.

It now seems like yesterday that a bunch of use were debating which weekend we should go to Hokkaido. How we took it for granted.

It was November last year that I was studying every resort review I could find on this site. The anticipation was huge.

Those of you who are real mccoy snow types must be in some kind of nasty discomfort.

So long as I am in Japan I know that I can always depend on the winter time to deliver more snow than one would get in a lot of other locations.

I like winter.

I still have those ThirtyTwo boots that I bought, used 3 times and decided that they didn't fit.

Getting new boots was well worth it though. I had forgotten, but the Malamutes were great, they became part of me.

I still haven't washed my jacket.

The last day at the snow was at Arai. A group from this forum getting about in Nekobi and Zwelgens cars. We wore silly glasses that had fake cardboard eyes in them. The day before that we had some fun at Nozawa in the left over and dying powder. At least now it seems good enough to be powder. Then it was categorised as crap.

'twas good fun.

i remember staring down at the nose of my board as i came down the hill one last time in april, thinking this will be the last time i see this for while, and i have kept the image ever since.

day 1 next winter i will look down at the nose afresh and erase that last thought.

I don't miss the overnight bus yet-yeah I miss the turns but I had my fill. Talk to me in another 6 weeks and I'll be gagging for it. Meanwhile I'm hapy summer has been hiding it's scary ass so far-excess rain or not.

db,

so does that mean you are gonna buy a skimobile for this season...i would say you owe me a few rides ;\)

I like those subarus...something with lots of passenger ammenities are good to...

danz

i've been missing going up the hill ever since it stopped. i've still got things i want to do, but will have to wait till next season. i think about the last pocket of powder i got (when everything was starting to get springy) and can't wait for more!!!!!!

Ill give a flashback.

The rush was on Last year, the crew wanted powder and we wanted it fast.

We arrived at Happo On the 27th of Dec. and a storm was smashing the mountains. The lower mountains had a good 50cms of of snow as of 7 am so we really were looking forward to hitting the upper slopes.... The winds had other ideas. The whole day we skied knee deep wind blown or pocket settled pow. What a ****ing start to a week of sking. Hlaf the people that started the day left either because the winds or the top being closed. Ah they missed out.

The next day we had a choice head back to Happo or try Cortina. We Choose happo for the wide open runs off the top. What a choice they groomed the main tracks so people could move around but eveything else was thigh deep blower powder. We spent 3 hours burning are legs lapping run after run off the top or mid top. People who dont like happo have never seen it on those wide open pow days when the meadows or mini bowls fill in. On this day rabbitthe mogul course was soft oohh so soft.

Cortina the next day and a crew who just didnt believe the bounty Cortina had. Barok was worried cause he had no money, OU couldnt believe we would leave the Valley for some smallish cheap resort down the road. By the time the first run was finished and the crew was scattered we all knew that this was the best day of the trip.

Steep face shots is all cortinas about. True to the phrase "steep and deep" and I could add cheap. For 3500 yen you get a ticket lunch and an onsen. At the end of the day OU had this smile and I was like "dude whats up"? Ou says "man your short you always get face shots" I said "yeah I know so what" and OU says "yeah and now I know what its like to get face shots all day".

OU being about 190 plus and me being an ever shrinking 172 cms. PS I only skied over other peoples tracks on this day cause I wanted too.

Oh the KU and 47. Another epic Pow day spent with barok and the boys. My buudy Tats said that Happo would be better but he ended the day at 47 where he should have started. Barok showed us some new lines but the KU had 3 names on it- Fattwins the wife and OU what a great day of air and face shots.

To finish it off another small storm dropped 10cms of snow. Hit the cliffs with barok untill the patrol busted us. The air we took this day was beyond belief. I landed a good 40 footer cleanly then later that run ended up making love to a tree. Found the old chair line almost untracked and skied the 1500 vert to the dam and launched massive off the thing twice till the patrol busted me. I mustve gone a good 15 feet high and 40 feet out it was such a quick kicker drop.

PS running Kazza so excuse the mistakes my PC sucks.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! That is way better than the powder pictures in the other thread Fatty. clap.gif Nice one dude.

I have never had that kind of experience at Happo. \:\( I imagine if I had, my opinion of it would be considerably higher. I have had some good runs, but I'll be hiking off the top for the real goods next time I get there. That said, Cortina is definitely worth the extra drive. I wish I could have made it out to there more. Such great lines and such tasty tasy powder.

Yes. Now I really wish it was winter. purple.gif