• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do they do that shitty thing of giving you economy class food even though you're in the first class cabin?

Their excuse: "we only catered for the confirmed number for first class passengers"

well maybe it was Business I dunno, it was the one upstairs, in the little individual pods that slink back so you can lie horizontally like a bed. Champers when you get on, take your coat and hang it up......if its Business then yeah that'll do again.

No Thurs we got the proper meal, a huge chunk of Fillet Steak, nice n pink inside, choice of wines, and the complimentary snack bar that we could use at any time throughout the flight

Originally Posted By: thursday
that'll be biz class. Food for first is "cooked" in front of you.

What? They don't take the cows, pigs and fish on board and slaughter them in front of you?

I am disappointed.

TB, about that upgrade - any points you can share?

Get there early/late?

Dressed smart/smarter?

Look distingushed/even more distunguished?

Alone/with someone?

Say pretty please?/Say nothing?

Ask for it?

friend

here's the problem with the toilet cubicle biz seats

1177648857GlvKMN.jpg

Your shoulders touch the sidewalls. Turning while lying flat is an effort, your feet stick out to the aisle exposing your toes to the trolleys.

Much prefer the old ones

MelHkgCXBizCls.jpg

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
TB, about that upgrade - any points you can share?

Get there early/late?
Dressed smart/smarter?
Look distingushed/even more distunguished?
Alone/with someone?
Say pretty please?/Say nothing?
Ask for it?

friend

The surest way possible is to be a member of the frequent flier club. The higher the grade, the more likely as they go in order:
Diamond first > Gold > Silver

Diamonds in economy will be upgraded first, then gold, then silver etc.

Asking the checkin staff: "any chance of an upgrade" is a sure kill. They hate that. Your club membership level says it all, if they have to upgrade because of overbooking, they will. Simple rule. If the plane is not full in economy, there will be no upgrades. Again a rule they have to follow.

If you don't get upgraded at the checkin counter, it does not mean you won't get upgraded. We, travelling as a couple have often been upgraded at the gate as we were boarding. "Mr. and Mrs Thurs, you've been upgraded" nice....

I've never been upgraded in what must now be 50+ flights. I guess that tells you what a nice first impression I make! (and how I was a backpacker for most of those flights).

My wifes mum and dad never fly but they got upgraded on the way over to UK last time. I think it was with JAL. They are not on frequent flyer schemes. I dont think being a FF has anything to do with it, I reckon it is more to do with your appearance (wifes mum and dad were dressed smart - suit etc).

probably.

its the same going with kids, sometimes they are great and put you in the best seats at the front, other times I have been seperated from my family even though we were one of the first to check in!

Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
I think there is a whole lot of luck and timing involved.......

definitely in my case. I'd love to imagine it was the winning smile I gave the girl but it was PROBABLY something else!! lol
We actually got checked in apart and didn't notice until we were thru security, I asked a BA guy about it and he told me to go and speak to the desk. I went over there and explained and he gave us 2 new tickets together, but when we got to the gate, they were ripped up and the magic words were given!!!

Thurs, I'd magine I'm a bigger guy than you but I had no probs in the business pods, I could turn round while fully flat, my shoulders didn'ttouch the sides when sitting upright and the pods were running the same way as the plane so no trolleys were bashing my feet. I could still be up there now!! biggrin

I'm sure it was your winning smile TB.

SLIGHT exaggeration there perhaps at the end. wink

I know when I've been business on a long flight (not often), still happy to get off the big smelly tube.

I bet with them cutting back on actual flights that all of the remaining ones will be full at least in Economy. Perhaps increases the chance of upgrades here and there?

Originally Posted By: veronica
Yes I got upgraded once just as I was getting on the plane. Nothing too exciting, I think they called it Moo+

lol