I haven't been looking at the news much the last week but on the TV tonight it seems that Japan has lots of defence rockets or whatever you call them pointed towards N Korea in case they throw a missle over Japan. Or something.

Is it the first time all this preparation has been done, I don't recall seeing these things before the last time N K did one of it's rocket test...

i think if the rocket launhc fluffs up or it stalls en route, it will fall on niigata city. that seems to be the conclusion, and niigata are getting stressed about it. for some reason the towns east of there are not worried at all which i find illogical.

i think the outrage is 50% justified, 50% xenophobia.

The threat of the thing landing on a populated area because it is a bit of dodgy commie junk built by half staved nutters probably far out weighs the strategic threat of NK having a rocket that takes 3-4 weeks to get ready.

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
I think this is the first time big guns have been deployed in the middle of Tokyo. Must be quite alarming for people with balcony views of them!

No - they see it all the time whenever Cockzilla attacks!

planes never fly over NK anyway, but yeh it makes sense for them to go a little more to the east. i would imagine that the rocket goes much lower than a plane.