• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a sin for a foriengner to drink anything else whilst in Dublin.

I remember having half a dozen pints of Guiness on the ferry from Holyhead. Funny thing was, everyone in Dublin was as sozzled as me when I got there.

I love a good pint of Guinness. It's not just beer, it's like in it's own league. I used to drink a pint before I got onto the bitters when I was at college. Always a good start to a night out.

I like Guinness too, never been to Ireland but had many a good pint. Started drinking it in Australia, could it be any further from Ireland?? The thing I want to know is, DOES it taste any better in Ireland or is it all in yur head? Buying into the "real deal" myth or do they have some Irish tomfoolery over there to make it lip smackingly great?

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I like Guinness too, never been to Ireland but had many a good pint. Started drinking it in Australia, could it be any further from Ireland?? The thing I want to know is, DOES it taste any better in Ireland or is it all in yur head? Buying into the "real deal" myth or do they have some Irish tomfoolery over there to make it lip smackingly great?

Arrrr. There's a little leprecon magic in every pint.
24351.jpg

Originally Posted By: thursday
Guinness is fantastic. A meal in itself sometimes.

Been told by a bar owner that it has to be cooled to a certain temp. Too cold and it loses it's taste.

Guinness often has less calories than lager.

I like the extra cold more as well
Originally Posted By: Cheeseman
I don't understand.

Someone said that the four leafed clover on the top of a pint of Guiness was cheesey, some said not. Others said it was an insult to cheese. Hence your impartial comment is required. smile