1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

The Mt. 6 Resorts are listed in the order that they appear on the website. You can only vote for one of the 6, and if you have any comments why, then please post as a reply.

Thanks and fun polling!

That's awesome, Muikabochi! I have also been to all 6 and wanted to hear the opinions of everyone else.

Here is my order...

Nozawa Onsen

Zao Onsen

Shiga Kogen

Hakuba Happo-One

Akakura

Kusatsu

The reason why I like Nozawa is that the people treat it like a national treasure, which is rightfully is. The village has a certain unique charm not found anywhere else. In the evening, people stroll the streets. Here is a snipped from my personal overview.

Nozawa Onsen is the quintessentential Japanese ski resort.

Calling it a resort is somewhat of a misnomer. Nozawa is a traditional style ski area, set in Nozawa Onsen Village, a widespread group of ski lodges, minshuku, and a few hotels with the attraction of 13 different onsen hot springs throughout the town. Onsen lovers can spend time exploring each hot spring while ski and snowboard fans can spend the time on the many mountain trails. The most famous ski trail is the 8 km. long Skyline trail, the longest in Japan.

Nozawa is included in the Mt. 6 Best of the Classic Mountain Resorts, a group of 6 ski areas consisting of Nozawa Onsen, Yamagata Zao Onsen, Shiga Kogen, Kusatsu, Hakuba Happo-One, and Myoko Kogen. It is unclear who made the list, but they are traditional ski areas with onsen hot springs, perhaps an arbitrary alliance of resorts to help attract more people. But I can say that almost all of these would be included on any skiers top ten list, with the exception of Kusatsu.

Nozawa is also famous as the birthplace of skiing in Japan, and the Japan Ski Museum houses some memorabilia from the first days of skiing in Japan.

never been to Zao, but after some awesome reports this year, would love to go...just too damn far from here.

Suppose I have to say Happo for its vertical and overall steepness.

1:Zao -King Daddy of Honshu skiing, people who likes to ski just that.

2:Shiga -variety, apres ski

3:Kusatsu -including Manza, convenience from Tokyo and Onsen for a few days

4:Hakuba -The mountain

4:Myoko -The mountain

6:Nozawa -Nozawana is yummy. Go there once and that was good enough.

Not definitive. Any one of them could be my best depending on how many days I have and my mood.

Have to go to all of it again. Maybe next year biggrin