• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EEWW EEWW EEWW EEWW EEWW this thread is JUST WRONG!!! Although Mr Snowhunter likes those little sausages you get in a tin. He pan fries them and puts them in his macaroni cheese.

I don't even feed my dogs tinned food - they get fresh cooked food (spoilt yeah I know but they are my kids).

What about braised steak and tinned ham!!

haha that reminds me of when I used to come home from school for lunch, only to find it was my dad at home and not my mum. He'd always try and feed us SPAM, which I of course turned my nose up at, so he'd go thru this rigmarole of raking in the cupboards as I walked off and shout after me

"how about pork luncheon meat then?"

to which I'd say yeah sure......took me years to figure out that SPAM was a brand name and the product was the same as Pork Luncheon Meat!! lol

Yeah, all the bits they cannot sell as pork or bacon, minced, pressed together and stuffed in a can!

FFS, the ONLY decent meat in a can is tuna or salmon, the others are so far from the description as to be unrecignisable.

You know the really gross thing is I was told all those tinned meats and luncheon rolls etc are all the left overs mixed together that are turned into liquid form and are piped into the containers as a liquid like jelly and then it sets in the container.

MMMMMMMMM YUMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: JA
FFS, the ONLY decent meat in a can is tuna or salmon, the others are so far from the description as to be unrecignisable.

Gotta agree!!!

There is a place for braised steak and onion in a can when you are camping....the kids like it made into jaffles (camp toasted sandwich) with cheese .... but would I ever choose it to eat at home...ummm...no.

But tuna (and there are some dodgy ones of these out there too - straight to the bin!) and salmon - even sardines, kippers, smoked mussels - I keep in the cupboard at all times.

Big effort on thursday for compiling all the photos. Cool.

Tinned abalone is not bad. I like it fresh better.

Food in HK is one of the best !

Corned beef is really yummy when you make it yourself.

I'm in Bavaria, no reason to buy tinned stuff. All the yummy Shinken you can get here....

And how about the 'sausages' in baked beans?

When I'm back home (UK home), I always go down the local butcher who sells some fantastic weird and wonderful range of sausages. Good quality stuff they are, none of this anything in it cheap sausage lark.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
And how about the 'sausages' in baked beans?

When I'm back home (UK home), I always go down the local butcher who sells some fantastic weird and wonderful range of sausages. Good quality stuff they are, none of this anything in it cheap sausage lark.

i love hitting up the local butchers for quality sausages. OK so its not gonna be grade A meat that goes into them they are sausages after all, but they are better than the mass priduced crap that gets passed off as sausages.