Dunno why I am posting this but thought a nice little cathartic thread for everyone to get rid of their sins - be it large or small - would help us all along.

About 3 years ago I 'borrowed' a bicycle from near by the beach. It was late at night and had a long walk ahead of me and taxis were flying past me refusing to stop, even though they were empty and looking for fares.

So I managed to find an old bicycle, unlocked and a proper rust bucket - thus decided to ride it home and then left it outside someone's house.

To this day I still feel guilty about it, as I know it was a sh&&ty thing to do and wish I hadn't had done it. In hindsight it did save me about 3 hours walking but glad I wasn't caught by the police.

Rob! How do you get rid of that guilt?

I have one from this past weekend. I went to a friends 1980's themed party and I had not seen some of my friends from highschool there in 20 years - we had a blast and I had a few brews...

Being the responsible adult I did not drive, I left that to Papa who probably drank as much as I did, but he is male, and where for me it was lot - for him it was sensible drinking and he would have most likely been under the limit. I may also have been under the limit - but not MY limit.

Great,

So off we go...

We got pulled over my the police on the freeway. They had punched in the number plate and the car came up a vehicle of interest - after half an hour on the side of the freeway there were no answers on why...but we assume it had to do with when the car was stolen over a year ago and was used in a series of ram raids and high speed chases. it took 6 months to get the car back and repaired from that incident!

They let us go knowing our identity was confirmed, we were the owners of the car and they knew where to find us if they had to follow up - BUT after probing they discovered that Papabears licence was suspended. Turns out the people transcribing his address after his change of address was processed typed in a 1 not a 7 despite him doing the little cross on the 7 thing to make no mistake. He had corrected it, but apparently it seems it has not been corrected everywhere as he has not had a single fine in the past 3 years - or so we thought. Licence suspended due to non payment of fines. What the fines are whether it leads to actual points suspension or not will be found out Tuesday as it is a public holiday here in Perth.

The confession: Police asked if I had a valid drivers licence and was OK to drive - I said Yes and drove home. I probably would blow under the legal limit - BUT - if left to my own devices I would have chosen not to drive....

But I'll get over it.

A few weeks ago I was working up in a roof of an old shopping centre and badly needed to pee. It was a long and difficult exercise to get out of the roof and to a toilet.

Sooooo I peed in a place that I thought would do no harm. Next minute the phone rings and it's the center management asking if I'm ON the roof as the chinese restaurant rang up about a water leak. (oh yes )

I go down to talk to the old chinaman in the kitchen. He points to his bald head and says

"It dlip on here" and "It dlip in the soup, the soup for the customer" and points to his now crap and wee soup.

I say I'll look into it and get out of there as quick as I can.

I'm not even sorry, it was fricking hilarious.

That's hilarious......

Another good reason for me to not eat out in Chinese restaurants. My own cooking tastes better. There was this China restaurant in Narrabeen that got busted for cockroaches and they found cats hanging in the fridge....

Originally Posted By: big-will
Was that at elementary school koko?

Hows the leg by the way?

It was at university, actually.

The leg is a lot better but still not game to go surfing on it yet. The knee is a bit sore..
I cant wait to go surfing or skiing.. grrrr..
  • 5 months later...

A bumpworthy thread...

1. Called in sick to work on the 3rd Friday of March for 4 years in a row to go skiing. "Management" never caught on (I think).

2. Been driving on an International Drivers Permit for the past 11 years - get my Mom to send me a new one from the US every April wink

I was doing 2 until the police stopped me once and asked to see my licence.... made me go to the local station and then grounded me until I got my Japanese licence. I'd be careful -- if you had an accident etc, you might not be lucky with insurance if you don't have the J license.

while waiting for somebody's juicy confessions, here's an innocuous one.

1) I drove 140 km/h on a Hokkaido toll road.

2) while in the supermarket, my baby picked up a box of biscuits which I didn't notice until we were loading him into the car. AND I didn't go back to pay for it.

I got nabbed by the SAME SPEED CAMERA in the same location on the same day THREE times about 8 years ago. It was before the demerits and fines went up and each offense was 3 demerit points [so WAY over the speed limit each time].

You get 12 points on your licence in Oz...each point lost takes 3 years before you get it back. So in one day I wiped out 3/4 of my points. I had also lost 2 points 6 months before - so for 2.5 years I drove around with one remaining point.

I learnt to behave.

at university, the then girlfriend and I were having a blazing argument about me cheating on her, and vice versa.

She said she wouldn't be if I paid her more attention, to which I retorted I wouldn't either if she was decent in he sack.

Safe to say it didn't end very well.

Went to a Razorlight concert last night up in Tokyo, blagged onto the guest list then blagged my way backstage to have a few beers with the band. Quality!

Me and my mate rocked up about 4pm looking to buy a ticket, the security thought we were the band and ushered us through towards the dressing room, then Johnny Borrell (the lead singer) actually did appear and we legged it!