Surely no! Does dial-up still exist in Japan? Though I used to really like those bee-bee-be-bee-be-be dialing noises and then the screeching of the connecting tone!*

Quote:
In an effort to cut costs wherever possible, some consumers are going back to the cheaper, crappier-in-every-way dial-up we all cast aside years ago. This recession has just gotten serious.

Sales of the often sub-$10 dial-up subscriptions have increased after the stock market crash and many report that they've switched from broadband, though NetZero CEO Mark Goldston was quick to note that "this is not the iPod crowd we're talking about." Chances are if you're reading this, you're more likely to try to pawn your oven than give up broadband, but where exactly does it fall on your list of priorities? Would you give up a cable TV or Xbox Live subscription first? Let us know exactly how poor you'd have to be to go back to dial-up in the comments.

* Actually, come to think of it, no I didn't.

Nah dail up doesn't exist in Japan now, as far as I know! I've been using 100mb Broad band for years now, well I think everyone here have now, as you can't get anything slower, unless your in a remote village at the very top of a mountain.

Can't see anyone would want to use dial up as you have to pay for every time you go on where as BB is a fixed price no matter how much you use it.

Could you imagine trying to open a web page with dial-up, would never open!

I remember my first connection it was some really slow really unreliable dial up. I was still quite excited back then!

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Dropping down from 1Gb to 512k - you gotta be joknig!

You got it the wrong way.. still watching paint dry tends to happen faster than loading pages!