ohh..another question..what kind of poles do you guys use??

alu,carbon,wood..TELL ME biggrin

carbon for most stuff..although i do have some stiffer ones,think they are alu for tree runs ..try to avoid using my carbon ones there as ive already broken 2 pairs ;/

I generally just get the cheapest ones I can find. I break poles on a reasonably frequent basis and it hasn't seemed to matter if they were expensive or not so I just go cheap now.

Originally Posted By: JA
Originally Posted By: Hotaka Scott

And as for usefulness, they can be quite good at swatting snowboarders who sit in the middle of the run smoking or screwing around with their iPod.

Do you not hate them!!

I have, many times, had to stop in the exit from a lift because the whole exit was blocked by these eejits whose only thought (if any at all) was to get strapped in and to hell with the rest of the world! Their need to get in the board overrides every other thing that could possibly be happening!

Worst I've seen was on the exit to Ruined Castle at Falls Creek (Aus) where the run out of the lift was about 3m wide and they were in two rows right across, boards almost touching, nowhere for me to go!
hijack

Yea, for a while several years ago many boarders seemed to be getting the idea to sit off to the side of thoroughfare areas and do thier stuff.

But the past few years there seems to be a resurgence in SBSFB (Snow Boarder Sh*t For Brains).

In the situ mentioned above, look at it as an opportunity & challenge - to act as if you are a newbie, stagger out of control down the exit slope, carefully crash into them kinda sideways being sure to land a hard knock to the back of 1 or 2 of them, then roll over them and sprawl on the snow in front of them.
Then carefully get up and snowplow real slow for a bit.

Yeah? In the late 70's we were doing moguls with Sony walkman (tape). Had to keep them walm or it slowed down. If you were getting continuous music that was proof you were skiing well...otherwise it jumped around. iPods are great. I think it's the brain that wears it.

Even in Japan while our short visit 6 months ago, there were kids who couldn't say Konnichiwa.

wow...