Friend of mine had his gloves nabbed from his seat at the restaurant when he was out at the toilet the other day. Nice new expensive ones.

The only time I've ever heard anything like that though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Niseko bar jacket thing is unavoidable really when you have 100 people in a bar that has 30 coat hangers. Mix in a few drinks and you're just glad to have something to wear on the way home.

Originally Posted By: XilR8
The Niseko bar jacket thing is unavoidable really when you have 100 people in a bar that has 30 coat hangers. Mix in a few drinks and you're just glad to have something to wear on the way home.

its still "stealing"!
Originally Posted By: thursday
lovely. Put your sweaty hot hands where other sweaty hot hands have been. Must be like sharing underwear with someone of the same sex.

Or like stealing someone's hot, used socks!?

There are good and bad in all races and cultures, where as I have found Japan to be one of the more honest countries I have visited. I hope this doesnt sound to bad but I have found in my many travels around the world that crime is higher in lower societ economies where crime is the only option for some people and here we spending god only knows how much money on wars and there so many people with nothing. However I am big believer of KARMA so hopefully I will be ok

Banno...

Bad things happen to good people too... but I also believe in Karma to some extent.

However my obsessively God fearing Father in Law refused to insure anything as he felt he had the Lord on his side....

....for me God (if you are of that persuassion) provides you with insurance companies so you can adequately cover loss or damage....

It is like the old joke:

Man falls over cliff and is clinging for his life.

Offers up prayers for the Lord to save him.

Short time later a Boy Scout comes past and fashions a rope from what lays around and offers it to him, but the fellow declines saying The Lord will save me.

He prays even harder.

A short time later an off duty police officer stops and offers to pull him up, again declined. The Lord will save me.

He prays and prays for salvation.

A third person - a young lifeguard with his gear in the boot - comes and offers his assistance.

Again turned away.

Of course the man plunges to his death and when he arrives in Heaven he is most unhappy. "Lord I am one of your most faithful servants and despite my absolute faith that you would save me, you allowed me to die."

The Lords response?

Son, I sent you a Boy Scout, an off duty Police Officer and a blasted Lifeguard! What more did you want?

Karma or not, if we don't secure our gear if it goes missing the fault is with us - scumbags are out there in all communities and they take the board or ski's that appeals to them - not the board of the bloke who is the least honourable ;-)

My most pleasant aspects of working in here is when people return lost property. Like, a wallet, a watch, a lift pass etc... it's like the biggest relief to see people that will give up the prospect of personal gain to return lost articles.

That said, you won't believe what gets lost over the years... and never claimed. I think there's a collection of skis, boards, small articles and a lot of cameras, video cams, DSLRs etc.

I lost my season pass at Happo last week...and got it back 30 mins later...then the next day I lost my wallet with Yen 120,000 in it. All got back safely. The next day I left my keys in the car and went skiing..the car was still there when I got back. Do I sound goddamn stupid and don`t you love Japan?

Originally Posted By: mathehat
I lost my season pass at Happo last week...and got it back 30 mins later...then the next day I lost my wallet with Yen 120,000 in it. All got back safely. The next day I left my keys in the car and went skiing..the car was still there when I got back. Do I sound goddamn stupid and don`t you love Japan?

you sound a touch senile wink and yes, I do love it here smile

At Hakuba 47 last year I was drying my hands in the toilet, looked down to se a mobile phone on top of the dryer. I was just thinking I would take it to the office and then I saw it was pluged in being charged. wavey I thought that was quit amazing