An important message for Aussies abroad on Aussie Day!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mantas
Raw lobster..............now your pulling my leg.

Love that stuff.. Thurs, obviously these people just aren't educated!
I guess you cook ya tuna and veal too Mantas!

One word for ya, Mantas, old mate, one word!

S U S H I and S A S H I M I

Found a really nice Sushi restaurant in Nozawa and got in there about 3 times during our 10 days. Gotta love it!

Fresh oysters, straight from the shell (taken from a clean waterway like at Brunswick Heads, not from the poisoned waters of Syd Harb) are sooo much nicer than anything you can do to cook them!

What's yer problem with fresh shellfish?

Originally Posted By: thursday
Oysters.... yum....

Coffin Bay from Aus. thumbsup

Thursday.. mate I am impressed!
Love the Coffin bays! You get them over there? $8 a doz... Bet they cost a tad bit more!
Streaky bay oysters are bloody good, same coast as coffin, but not as famous.
We get plenty of the River oysters up here from the richmond river, like them but prefer the Southern ocean variatal!

Mantas, Crays straight outta the shell is bloody nice. Better to chill and have with kikkoman and wasa.. Wet dreams are made of that!
Originally Posted By: thursday
I dunno, I can eat a lot of lobsters.

Same.

Whilst I have almost had my fair share of good seafood years ago, these days it's relatively rare.

Will love to check out such places for the lobsters, crays, crabs, fish, etc. someday.

If I were to move to such a place with very plentiful lobsters, it would take a LOT of them over an extended period for me to give credence to the statement: "more a man can eat".

Mmmm.

North West Australia is the best bit of the country!! Absolutely beautiful up there, The Kimberleys, the Bungle-Bungles, Question Mark Hill, Mitchell river, Mitchell falls...man I could go on and on!! Sure the crocs in the rivers are something to be wary about but we swam in plenty of fresh rivers that were croc free (or at least we survived them smile )

Deffo my fave area in Oz

No, you should have left all the convicts in England and set sail yourselves. wink

Tubs, most people don't realize that under the water is a marine system far more spectacular and diverse than the Great Barrier Reef.

Originally Posted By: Mantas
No, you should have left all the convicts in England and set sail yourselves. wink

Tubs, most people don't realize that under the water is a marine system far more spectacular and diverse than the Great Barrier Reef.

I've often wished that myself!!
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
North West Australia is the best bit of the country!! Absolutely beautiful up there, The Kimberleys, the Bungle-Bungles, Question Mark Hill, Mitchell river, Mitchell falls...man I could go on and on!! Sure the crocs in the rivers are something to be wary about but we swam in plenty of fresh rivers that were croc free (or at least we survived them smile )

Deffo my fave area in Oz

You forgot the bit about being also one of the hottest regions of Australia. Now if the Kimberley got snow I just might be interested in going...

rach normally heatwaves in SE Australia are caused by the winds coming out of the central deserts. The air is generally very dry but with temps up into the mid '40's it's not even remotely comfortable.

Originally Posted By: Indo
Try living in Adelaide this last week and you will know the real meaning of HOT!

Yeah when i was in Adelaide, the 1st day of my work in a factory it was 50 degrees on the factory floor. The management came out and told us that as it was so hot if we wanted to go home we could, I stayed as I happened to be working in an air-conned room and I needed the money, so they brought out a huge bag of coins for the drinks machine and told us to drink whenever we felt like it and to take as many breaks as we needed...it was hot!! (I had to venture out of my air-con bubble every so often feeding the machines on the floor

Perth's hottest day on record was 46.7 and i remember playing 9 holes of golf! (funny though it was very quiet on the course- took me less than 90 mins for the 9 holes!)

Perth is typically a very dry heat, (less than 10% humidity) so as long as you're in the shade its bearable, but when you go in the sun, you can feel/see your skin blistering before your eyes lol

I have noticed we tend to get more humidity these days then we used to , I hope is not an increasing trend