Mantas has it spot on! It is all an arse covering thing so they can say that you were warned that the torch was not protective against sharks. Just because someone would sue if they had one of the torches and happened to drop it in the shark cage.

I happen to believe that one should take responsibilit for one's own actions. I have a sign (which I intend placing on my tractor) which says ...

"Warning, this machine has no brain. Use your own!"

Should be on every article sold!

Hi GG. Yep. been back home since Sunday evening. Left Nozawa 9am Sat 24th, bus, train, plane, car and then bed!

The snow was good! Had a dump the day we arrived in Noz (14th) and skiing was awesome for the next couple of days. The weather then got a bit warmer, no new snow and a few bits looking a bit worn. Still, waaay better than anything Oz resorts can dredge up, even mid-season!

TR will follow when I have a chance.

What exactly are they mistaking with the f words there? It seems to come up a lot.

Husband and wife lung slice! lol I can see the kanji and understand just about why it comes out like that. What is it?!

I saw a bad Chinese pirate copy of one of the Star Wars films, and it had "English" subtitles (why, I don't exactly know why, since the English dialogue was intact). The English was software translated from the Chinese dialogue instead of transcribed from the English, so it didn't match what the characters were saying on screen. ...Anyway, it seems that various forms of the English "to do" when translated first into Chinese, then translated back into English bring up the F-word since the software dictionary is not exactly correct. Needless to say, there was a lot of "F"ing going on in Star Wars that wasn't there originally!

All those menu "F"s were probably "prepared in the manner of" or something to that effect in Chinese.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I like the sound of the burnt pig neck more!!

i drank a box of wine in Australia that came with a warning that it may contain traces of egg and milk!! WTF??!!

cost of labour in Australia is so high, the vinyards are now using chickens and cows to tread the grapes? lol
  • 2 weeks later...