Does anybody know if this ski shinkansen ticket from the machine is still on this year? Also, does the discount ticket only run from Tokyo, or can you go from Omiya, with further discounts?

Basically, I wanna go for a day trip this saturday - we usually do the Higaeri trip from View - taking the bullet from Omiya - comes to 9200 for the train/lift. However, we cant get to a View before Saturday to get the tickets, so Im looking for another way to do it without upping the price too much.

Any help much appreciated.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

yeah I was gonna look for this thread. You can use this as a day return ticket, right?

I don't think so but don't quote me on that.

You can't come home the same day on the ticket? :doh:

just checked the original posts and you mentioned this.....

And if you're unlucky enough to be caught in a blizzard, like what happened to me last year, you can come back same day on it

Hey

thought I would post this here as saves creating another thread but it will also help you to save money.

JR are doing a special campaign called tokudane ã?¨ã??ã? 値 whereby if you book a shinkansen ticket in advance, you can save 30%. I can't post pics right now as I don't have a camera handy, and also at work!

But you can save a lot of money if you live near Tokyo, Ueno, Omiya or Sendai and if you intend to go away for a trip to:

Utsonomiya, Toyama, Fukushima, Sendai, Ichinozeki (sic), Morioka, Hachinohe - on the Tohoku shink.

Yamagata on the Yamagata shink

Akita on the Akita shink

Takasaki, Echigo Yuzawa, Gala yuzawa, Nagaoka (sic) Niigata on the Joetsu

or

Karuizawa or Nagano on the Nagano shink.

One example

travelling from Tokyo to Nagano on the 14th will cost you 5,570, saving about 3,000yen

just go into the view plaza and ask for these tickets. Of course the tickets are one way only, but the return is the same price.

ie Tokyo - Echigo Yuzawa one way on the same date above is 4,540, return 9,080, saving almost 2k on the above ticket!

Of course some periods are slightly cheaper/more expensive than others, but not more so than a couple of hundred yen.

Let's booking!

Does anybody know if this is happening this year? I cant read the name of the deal as all the Japanese on this thread is just a load of squiggles no matter what kind of encoding I try to use.

• 11 months later...

I haven't checked it this year, but last year the ticket would only take you as far as Gala and was more expensive IIRC. Still good value though, you could take a local train to Joetsu Kokusai or get off at Echigo Yuzawa and take a shuttle bus to the resort

any cheap package for yuzawa area? the shinkansen+ski lift for day trip??

where to find?

plan to ski at yuzawa before heading to niseko this febuary..

thanks guys...

unfortunately,,,my japanese almost zero...

only few hiragana..hehehe

any english web that i can browse?

or just ask at the midori mado guchi?

what JR view mean??

if you use Chrome, you can navigate by translating the page....its not perfect but I think you are able to get the gist of things.

MiJ did you get a chance to see if the machine deal was still running this year?