I couldn't resist it, 2000yen for a one day pass, free parking and blue sky.

I went to Fujiten ski jo. Was only one course open, but was top to bottom snow, so could slide all the way down to the club house.

The snow was a bit icy and chopped up in places but it was great to get my first slide of the season in.

I went there thinking it would be empty as only one slope was open and the snow is anyway man made, how wrong I was. It was full of people more like mid season.

That was my first time to ski on artificle snow, definately not like fresh pow, but not that bad either at least for a pre-season warm up, and being able to ski from the top to bottom in crystal clear blue skys made it all the more better.

Now then real snow hurry up and get here!

Happyhappy no I am in Tokyo, but got a second house in Nagano, near Koumi, so popped into Fujiten on the way back. But actually not that far from Tokyo, only about an hours drive if the roads are clear.

Xilr8 For me Hakuba, shiga or myokyo would be closer for me than Kagura. Would have gone to one of those resorts, but wasn't heading in that direction.

Actually got several smaller resorts within 20-30 min drive from my koumi house, so will be going to them over the xmas Newyear period with my family!