back in the olden days, indians used to dance to encourage rain. now these people didnt change their underwear frequently, so can safely be accused of being primitive. we, living in a more enlightened age, don't need to jig around looking silly to beckon precipitaion, for we can use poetry. so, in doing my bit for the others on the forum - for the sake of the flake - i will start the snowball rolling, so as to speak:

---

snow...

er, snow....

eeeeeaaaaarrrgghhhhhh SNOW!

---

this poem is best recited standing outside with your snow gear on.

Er, my original comments was "but isn't it like over 2 months before most places are open?"....that is not an incorrect statement is it? (whether you decide to go to them or not)?

Er, I saw the "Come on come on...." bit. I'm just being realistic...

As I and a few other sane people kept pointing out last season around November, you don't have to wait until Christmas before you go snowboarding, due to the abundant snow that falls in this country before then. But whatever...

Yes, yes.... I know all that. There are places open earlier.

And I was simply pointing out that the large majority of places do not open until mid-December. Which is as far as I know, true. That's all.

So folks... just if case you have been confused by this - it seems that some resorts do open November and early on (which is still a month away), and you can go out and enjoy them. Great. But many (most) resorts don't open until December.

I remember that thread very well from last year.

I remember that Ocean11 was going on, in a similar manner as he is below, about how "you don't have to wait until Christmas". Even then he didn't seem to accept that some people, however much they said so, JUST DON'T WANT TO SNOWBOARD at a certain time for whatever reason. The point that certain people was being ignored.

Like it is being ignored here also.

The point that Curt was making was surely not that you cannot snowboard or ski earlier than 2 months from now, but the fact that while some places do open early on, the majority of resorts do not open until mid-December.

cool.gif

The important point being that anybody who is desperate for some turns in good quality snow without the mid-December crew getting in the way doesn't have very long to wait! Yay! clap.gif

Curt, if you haven't been out in November yet, and we do get some early snow, I urge you to get out and see for yourself. The diamond dust floating above the powder at half-opened Goryu was real purdy last year.

Why do I get the feeling like I have been here before?

Just so I can join you all in your ferris wheel of fun.

"but isn't it like over 2 months before most places are open?"....that is not an incorrect statement is it?

looked an awful lot like a question to me.