yeah, same line as akihabara. Come out the front end of the platform (as the train travels from Tokyo), turn left outside the station and walk downhill away from the river. At the bottom of the road you'l come to a big intersection, turn left and the start of the shops are a minute up the road

Akihabara ain't as good as it used to be. There's less of the smaller electronic shops now and more of the tax free kind of place. Oh and yes the cosplay cafes and manga stuff. Still an interesting place to walk round though for sure.

I often make most of a day of it, start in Jimbocho and then walk on down the road to Akihabara - it's only about 10 minutes. Being student / otaku-type areas there are plenty of choices for cheap food around there as well.

Bic may in due course trump it, but Yodabashi Camera, "Akiba", on the East side of the station is the new King of the electronic stores in Akihabara. I don't know, but I'd guess that it must be one of the biggest electronics shops in the world, if not THE biggest. They've got EVERYTHING there.