Cash distribution for households

Originally Posted By: RobBright
because I pay my taxes..

So? If a Japanese person was to live and work in OZ and pay taxes they still wouldn't get gov benefits. Unless they were a citizen or permanent resident. Same applies in Japan probably, though I wouldn't be suprised if they shafted Permoz!

Hey I hear ya mama, I was just pointing out the whole gaijin whinge bit that they won't get anything in japan (for a reason...)

I'm suprised at the amount of $$$ being given out here these days to families etc. People are becoming dependant on it, which ain't a good thing.. Still if Keven 474 wants to give em $2k for my boys, I'll take it and put it to good use (the markets).

Why wouldnt ya Indo. No one is gonna knock it back - we pay our taxes - if we get some small return on it grab it with both hands I say. Just not something we have accessed in many years.

I agree with you that perhaps the gaijin in Japan should not qualify ... as foreign nationals wouldn't in other countries ...but also as many locals of thier own countries born and bred don't qualify for these 'distributions'. Is it fair = probably not. Is it life = you betcha.

They're publicly squabbling over whether there should be a personal or household cut off income limit on who gets this cash and/or whether there should be at all. It's all quite amusing actually if you follow it.