Been pretty sunny down in Kanagawa. Its rained a bit and been humid as hell, but its still warm and will be until the end of October. Whats not to love?

I just bought new bindings for my board, can't wait t try them out this winter.

Originally Posted By: Greenroome
Been beautiful sunny 27 most days here in Sapporo, with warm outdoor evenings that I would easily trade Perth's (West Australia) summer evenings for.

I don't know about that - it was overcast and rainy for the past several weeks in Sapporo until the beginning of this week...
confused

Obviously different parts of Sapporo have their own microclimates in summer... A beery smog over Odori Koen, a barbecue-like haze over the Sapporo Brewery complex and a red (light) sky over Susikino, perhaps?

Who cares - everybody knows, clear or not, it's 100 times better than the Tokyo sweat bath experience in summer time. When the first cool winds of autumn blow here, that's my happiest time of the year - apart from getting off the first lift, of course.

SdS

Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
Been beautiful sunny 27 most days here in Sapporo, with warm outdoor evenings that I would easily trade Perth's (West Australia) summer evenings for.

I don't know about that - it was overcast and rainy for the past several weeks in Sapporo until the beginning of this week...
confused

Rainy? No. There were showers and it was overcast at times, but I've ridden to work 9 days out of 10. I haven't bought a travel card for about six weeks. The showers have rarely lasted more than an hour.
...There were showers and it was overcast at times...

Sorry, my bad (I guess). That's what I meant - "rain happened," not, "it rained 24/7"

It's quite nice this morning, but not hot.

... and beautiful again today. Sunny and 27. The humidity in Sapporo at 1pm was 37% - the lowest I've seen this summer on the JMA website.

What a cracking website it is! Shipping gale warnings, hour by hour stats, and a very reliable 6hr rain radar.

I only got here in May, so I dunno. It looks like the 'precipitation radar' should give a 6hr snowfall forecast. Snowfall might show under 'precipitation' in the hourly stats page too, so you could see how much fresh fell by the hour overnight.

Btw, thanks for getting this thread back on topic Thursday. It was feeling like the Sahara.

Originally Posted By: thursday
is it good for snow too?

It's pretty good. That hourly archive of snowfall that Greenroome mentioned is quite useful during winter. I'll usually check it in the morning before deciding on where to go snowboarding.