Good Point Thursday. Some foods are better at revving up your metabolsim and some better at slowing it down. If she carbed up she might have to eat less - but the big problem here is that the food you consume contributes to your body in more ways than weight.

If she ate to gain weight and cut sick on the Tim Tams, Freddo Frogs, Ales and Pork Pies she might look fine on the outside, but on the inside she would be lacking the essential nutrients from the fresher foods and would be clogging her artieries with the bad cholesterol even thought she is not 'fat'. So not really fair.

You sometimes get these ultra thin athletic types dropping dead of heart attack or strokes in thier 30's and 40's ...totally unexpected and out of the blue. But in reality they have had years of being able to (and perhaps needing to) eat the cholesterol filled foods to keep weight on - and it came back to bite 'em.

Originally Posted By: me jane
Originally Posted By: bobby12
why does she 'need' 4000 cals? surely she can just cut back by 200 cals a week over a year or so until it gets down to normal level.

Cos if she doesn't get 4000 she loses weight. She's already really small.

Damn, havent the doctors that examined her heard of Hyperthyroidism ???
Originally Posted By: Go Native
I honestly just couldn't care less. Let the fatty eat herself to death...one less idiot in the world is not a bad thing.

It is when all the rest of us have to foot the massive medical bills that will surely come.

It is hard to comprehend isn't it.

There was NZ series that I saw on Foxtel a few times where a personal trainer and nutritionist took on a person or couple who were eating themselves to disaster, and at the same time a fit athlete 'crash test dummy' got to eat what the subject ate for a week and do the same physical activity for the week.

They were tested prior and post (as were the unhealthy subjects) and it was clearly proven that there was terrible health side effects almost immediately. And the reverse for the subject - they improved in a short time span.

But without exception the 'crash test dummys' complained of feeling ill at eating the unhealthy diet - and some physically could not stuff it all in.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
GN,
Is it that you are completely dissinterested in ANY human interest story at all, or is it that you are so disgusted by the fat issue that you have this reaction?

I understand that there are topics that do not interest each one of us, but your objection is stronger than disinterest - your responses indicate that you are feel strongly about this story - but that you would prefer not to have seen it.

I was about to post in GN's support. Then the above from Mama summed up my reaction. I would rather not have seen this sort of story at all. It has nothing to do with "human interest", it is all to do with the "gross wierdo" factor that seems to be the stock in trade of the crfass tabloid papers in UK and Oz, as well as the New Idea type mags in Oz. (New idea = No Idea!) They would be bereft of stuff to print if they didn't get that sort of cr@p. (and good riddance, what a waste of newsprint and the energy required to print and distribute it.)

OK, :rant off:, over and out!

Tell you what, I feel the people here in England are getting bigger by the year. There are just so many overweight huge disgusting people here it is quite shocking.

you guys never heard of Gal Sone? she is a 43kg girl who can eat anything at all and not gain weight.

40000 cal in one day once, 9 kg of noodles another time.

It's unbelievable watching her demolish a feast of food.

Originally Posted By: rach
Tell you what, I feel the people here in England are getting bigger by the year. There are just so many overweight huge disgusting people here it is quite shocking.

And the sad thing about that is that their kids are following in their footsteps.
Next generation will be huuge. The government here try to to binge drinking but why the hell don't they tackle eating? Maccas tax next!

I think people and government are trying Indo.

There is always a lot of talk and studies and focus groups in government before action is taken.

The community are trying - programmes like The Biggest Loser (which I personal thinks sends the wrong message) are trying to promote action against obesity rather than complacency. I don't believe the majority watch them because of the 'freak show' nature of it - but more for the inspirational journeys of the contestants.

I agree with a Macca's tax though. I know one of the biggest excuses people in the USA use for not following a healthy diet is that healthy food is too expensive and fast food is cheap. It has not been that way in the past here in Aus, and fast food used to be the once a week (or less) treat thing. Now it is getting more and more common. Tax it. I have NO problem with that!

That little girl who can eat her way through a mountain of food is incredible!!! But don't you find it gross that she eats that much food despite staying small. Gluttony is ugly no matter what the vessel you are feeding looks like.

Gal Sone, how incredible is that? Eating half a pig!! Meat fills you up quick. That pig eating is just crazy.

I liked that time when she ate something like 12 Kobe steaks eahc of 12 Oz in 30 minutes and she washed it down with pints of beer. Yum!!