Quote:
FOOD addict Georgia Davis told last night how eating is a drug as deadly as heroin for her — and has driven her weight to a life-threatening 33 STONES at 15.

(That's 210kg)

Quote:
The scared schoolgirl admitted: Doctors have told me I could drop dead at any moment.

Georgia, who stands at 5ft 6ins, munches her way through a calorie-busting succession of unhealthy snacks every day.

A typical daily intake includes processed ready-meals, several sandwiches, multi-packs of peanuts and crisps, sausages, pasties, chips, chocolate and chunks of cheese — washed down with litre bottles of Coke or pints of milk.

It adds up to 13,538 calories a day. The average 15-year-old girl only needs 2,000 calories a day and should weigh 9st 4lb.

Georgia, from Aberdare, South Wales, has even been banned from her school canteen for over-eating.

66097081ie5.jpg

58470996fc9.jpg

Her parents should be locked up.

(I recommend pies in moderation)

OMG!

I just read the full article and watched the video...that is just so very very sad. This girl is only 15 years old!

Mum is not setting much of an example for her daughter is she - why have the cakes and chocolate biscuits and stuff in the house? There seems to be only the two of them, so it is not like there is one or two dieters in a house of skinny folk!

A BMI of 74!!! That is incomprehensible.

I know overweight. I understand how it sneaks up on you. I truly do! I battle weight every day... but I find it SO hard to comprehend how things can get to this extreme. Similarly with those who can't get out of bed they are so huge...someone is feeding them! But why would you do that to another human being? Surely the natural impulse would be to bring them a salad when they ask for a pie!!

Originally Posted By: Indo

Absolutely agree with you there, it is down to her parents that she is like this! They are totally irresponsible imbeciles, I feel sorry for the girl, she needs professional help and fast!

It is interesting that her daily intake is all 'beige' foods...all the highly processed lacking in nutrition starchy carbohydrate foods.

Where is the color?

The green, the red, the orange? Fresh food.

Something that actually CONTRIBUTES to your body's function rather than destroying it.

Fat camp in the USA?

Maybe.

What she ultimately needs is re-education.

You are correct Indo.

I read the full article and her mother was the similar size to her but has managed to shed a signifigant amount - she is still massive.

Off the top of my head I think she was 34 stone and is now 20....something like that.

Why, oh why has she not shared her weight loss techniques with her daughter!

The problem with addiction is that if you have an addiction to drink the answer to that problem is to give it up - never touch another drop. Same for drugs. But we all HAVE to eat, and when someone is abusing food in an uncontrollable way (and this is out of control) the only way to force moderation is with gastric bypass surgery. Gastric banding is no good for these people - they will drink thier calories! I hope she finds help and peace before it kills her.

Indo I agree however once you open that can of worms then where does it stop? Parents of thieves would surely be in for more trouble than Fatty Bumbum's mum.

Originally Posted By: Indo
GN, Thats sad though as it may not be her fault.. Her mum has probably taught her all those bad habits.

Indo it's just so ridiculous that this gets any press at all. The only reason it does is so the rest of us can feel a bit better about ourselves that we're not like that. Personally I just don't care one little bit about this girl. So shes grossly overweight and will probably die young and we can probably blame her parents...so what?

GN,

Is it that you are completely dissinterested in ANY human interest story at all, or is it that you are so disgusted by the fat issue that you have this reaction?

I understand that there are topics that do not interest each one of us, but your objection is stronger than disinterest - your responses indicate that you are feel strongly about this story - but that you would prefer not to have seen it.

It used to be a very small percentage of people who were effected by morbid and super morbid obesity, but it is now a massive epidemic.

This girl has been educated poorly about nutrition by a mother who clearly has a poor understanding herself, and she has also been taught how to soothe the pain of loss with food - first the loss of Dad, and now all the little sadnesses that happen every day. She probably also was genetically predisposed to weight gain - the fat gene.

Do I feel better about myself after reading this article - no. In fact it makes me feel that I should be doing more to help those around me battling weight issues, rather than just being polite about it all.

I struggle with my weight also, on a different scale, my BMI in the overweight range can not be compared to this poor lass in the super morbidly obese range. But I do have a clue about eating and exercising to lose weight and keep weight under control. I could be out there giving these tools to others! And this story, and my sense of "I could do more" led me to share what I have been doing to drop the 10kgs I have dropped this year to a young widow whose son plays sport with my own yesterday. Because I was kind, and open and encouraging - and had a success story she listened - and resolved to join me in my efforts. She was smiling a whole lot more by the end of the game than she had been at the beginning.

If just that one woman was helped with her weight battle as a result of this story being aired - then I think it is a good thing. My humble opinion, and I respect your right to disagree.

As I indicated MB I couldn't care less about the girl and it's not because it's a fat issue. On the whole I also couldn't really care less about the whole obesity epidemic in rich countries like Australia. What disgusts me is not the fat issue but that they publish stories like this. As I said, in my opinion, this story is purely a vouyeristic freak show that serves to make us feel better about ourselves that we aren't that bad. I doubt very much it has anything whatsoever to do with actually helping anyone...pictures of freaks will always sell well.

Quote:
Georgia, from Aberdare, South Wales, has even been banned from her school canteen for over-eating.

Wonder how that works??

Can you imagine how big she will get if she continues. 15 years old. Nuts.
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
(That's 210kg)

It adds up to 13,538 calories a day. The average 15-year-old girl only needs 2,000 calories a day and should weigh 9st 4lb.

58470996fc9.jpg

(I recommend pies in moderation)

omg omg

Do people like that not look at themselves in a mirror or two and think, "how the hell did I get this fat? Think I should cut back at least 8 cakes, 7 bags of potato chips, 30 cookies, a XXXXXXL plate of fries, 9 liters of coke/day and try to lose some weight?"

That picture is just her breakfast! horse horse Somebody please smack her for me.

Damn, thats just sad, pathetic, and disgusting. Her parents should be locked up and prosecuted because thats criminal to do that to your own child. I dont wanna hear any arguments about her metabolism is this, or her genetics are that; she is a disgusting pig and really should learn how to eat properly. Do parents not understand "responsibility?"

At the height of my racing career I was eating around 4000-5000 calories/day, but the mileage we were doing was intense. I know how much I was eating back then and constantly munching on snacks throughout the day - it really takes time to eat that much. For her to be eating that much food, when does she find time to do anything else? Thats like a full-time job!

People like that make me sick
veryangry wakaranai

That's like eating a week's food in one day. The food bills must be huge.omg

There is a tiny little girl in my company who needs about 4,000 kcals a day. She mostly gets her calories from healthy stuff, always has plenty of energy and runs around at work but doesn't do much other exercise. She's done all sorts of medical tests but doctors can't find anything wrong.

She says the same as you though CB, that it's hard work to get that many calories in and she basically has to plan her day around it, always making sure she has food with her or that she is somewhere where she can buy it. Must make it even more stressful with all her friends saying they are jealous and wishing that they could eat like that and not worry about weight.

why does she 'need' 4000 cals? surely she can just cut back by 200 cals a week over a year or so until it gets down to normal level.

and isnt there some surgery in the US to reduce the size of a stomach?

It's her right to eat herself to death. So be it. But she should be made to pay, in advance, for the services that would be required to remove her whale of a carcuss.

Better still, dump it into the seas to feed the fishes, but keep it well clear of shipping lanes. Don't want another titanic going down.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
why does she 'need' 4000 cals? surely she can just cut back by 200 cals a week over a year or so until it gets down to normal level.

Cos if she doesn't get 4000 she loses weight. She's already really small.
Originally Posted By: bobby12

and isnt there some surgery in the US to reduce the size of a stomach?

She needs 4000 calories a day because she has a super fast metabolism! The person MeJane is referring too is not overweight.
It is absolutely true that people have natural variance in thier natural born metabolism - all other things being equal one can/must eat more than another to maintain thier weight. It sux to be the one with the slow metabolism - but it is not an excuse for letting yourself get to this poor girls stage. I have a close friend who has this rapid metabolism and the need to eat ALL the time, her kids are the same. And you are right Jane - she gets totally ticked off with hearing "Oh I wish I could eat anything I wanted all the time, you are so lucky" - it get's to her just as much as it get's to someone on the chubby side being told they should just do some exercise(when they probably already are).

If someone with a rapid metabolism does not eat they get light headed, pass out, have headaches (often migrane headaches), get very emotional, overtired and sometimes throw up when they do eat because they left it too long. There is also the problem of being too underweight - then the body doesn't function properly either.

The stomach reducing surgery does not help people like MeJanes friend - they need every bit of thier stomach to get enough food in to stay alive and well. It is only an option for people who are obese and have been unable to control thier food intake to lose weight. It can be blessing for those people - I have a very close friend who had the surgery just under a year ago and after losing 60 kilo's has her life back. She was always an active girl, even when she was big, but now she is into everything again, and going to the gym 5 days a week too. But it is not a simple solution - it has to be very carfully considered. (BTW - friend paid for her own surgery, pays for her own gym membership and had the surgery so that she did not become a burden on society with medical issues due to obesity.)