Woooo Hooooooooooooooooooooo Flights are booked!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrive 24th Jan and Bail 19th Feb...

Even managed to jag a business seat on the way over!!!! All that travelling for work has paid off!!!

Totally STOKED!!!!!!!

Hey TJ, for sure mate. Im so VERY amped, hoping I just dont burst in the next couple of days smile !!!!!!

I have done a search without any luck looking for lift pass prices etc from last year and I want to start putting a budget together. Where should I be looking? Will have just over 3 weeks so will want to ride as many diff places as I can based in Habuka. Thanks.

And yes, still REALLY amped smile

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Hey TJ, for sure mate. Im so VERY amped, hoping I just dont burst in the next couple of days smile !!!!!!

I have done a search without any luck looking for lift pass prices etc from last year and I want to start putting a budget together. Where should I be looking? Will have just over 3 weeks so will want to ride as many diff places as I can based in Habuka. Thanks.

And yes, still REALLY amped smile

You may have a look for the legendary Happy 7 pass which is valid at 7 resorts.. afaik..
I am not sure where to get it,

start here , maybe.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/spotlight/hakuba-village.html

Quote:
HAPPY 7 TICKET

With the "Happy 7" lift ticket, you get 2 one-day lift tickets that can be used at any of the 7 resorts in Hakuba Village.

Adults:
8,500 yen

We bought lift tix day by day in Hakuba as the happy 7 is the dearest way to go.

If you happen to have kids, family tix at Goryu / Hakuba 47 were significantly cheaper - 1 Parent + 1 Child 5500 ( I think)

3 day tix @ Happo one were the best way to buy and could also be used at Iwataki - however day tix at Iwataki were generally cheaper

(4500)

All this said - tix are between 4000 and 5500 perday with discounts for multi day buys. There is always someone with enough English that can be combined with the signage and your phrase book to do the deal.

Some of the ticket windows can have dramas with international credit cards ( which seems to be more about particular terminals than anything else)and if you are impatient have some backup yen in your pocket is a good idea.

If you want simplicity the the happy 7 ticket cuts out one step - but - you still have to get a new / another chip for each hill.

I see no reason why you can't keep it but you will have to get it revalidated when you go back to that hill.

I think that as a rule for Japan, you should deal in cash as much as possible. Although in recent years it has been getting better, Japan isn't as plastic-friendly as western countries

Buy your tickets on a day to day basis. That way you can choose where you want to go each day. There is no time saved buying a multi mountain pass and a very small money saving. For me, I like to ride the best mountain with the best conditions on a particular day and if that will cost me an extra 400y then so be it. Actually on a holiday where people are spending thousands of dollars overall, it amazes me why anybody would go for the multiday lift pass here in Hakuba.

Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
Buy your tickets on a day to day basis. That way you can choose where you want to go each day. There is no time saved buying a multi mountain pass and a very small money saving. For me, I like to ride the best mountain with the best conditions on a particular day and if that will cost me an extra 400y then so be it. Actually on a holiday where people are spending thousands of dollars overall, it amazes me why anybody would go for the multiday lift pass here in Hakuba.

Good point. Do you think ticket prices will increase this year to cover increased fuel costs?

Rumour has it that last year - 07-08 saw a fairly significant price increase - mainly at Happo One which is where you will probably ski most, so my bet would be that lift tix will not go up by much, if at all this year.

They may of course do the raise the price - esp for 1 day tix and offer attractive discounts to encourage loyalty to one particular hill. There were certainly signs that that sort of thing was starting to occur.

I could never get my Master card to work at Escal Plaza (Goryu) but it worked fine at Immori, and Happo one and Iwataki., but my wife's Visa card worked at all of them but not reliably at Immori. Go figure.

We used to often as not just get the first shuttle bus that came along and end up wherever it went. Of course this means that you have a 3 out of 5 chances of ending up at Goryu-Immori-Hakuba 47 which all link together up the top and probably offer more protected runs when the weather is a bit harsh although the linking lifts often end up on wind hold.

It's all good fun and great to discover. Like most places, get out early to beat the crowd ( not even that early - just before 9.30) and get away from the main entrance bunny slopes and as we discovered there are only degrees of good.

Make the effort to even ski the green traverse tracks and you can be treated to wildlife spotting as well - snow monkeys at Hakuba 47 was one of our more memorable treats but lots of other animals to be seen as well.

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
the price rose 100 yen last season I think. They need to raise prices or the gas is going to kill them.

That's what I was thinking FT. Do the lifts run on diesel? But that's just one fuel expense (but obviously a major one). I'd have thought that tix need to go up around 20-25%.
  • 2 months later...