Switching cell phone companies

So I'm thinking of switching cell phone companies and I'm just wondering if you guys in the big cities have gotten any crazy deals. I had a friend come over a couple of years ago and he was given the newest docomo phone for free just for signing up. Here in the sticks, deals seem harder to come by.

My whole family will be switching so 5 phones total. If I was a cell phone hawker I'd throw anything in I could to make the deal....but I'm not the cell phone guy and such capitalistic thinking doesn't do much sometimes in this country.

SO basically, I'm just wondering if in Tokyo, Osaka, etc the competition is fiercer and there are great deals to be had?

and here I was thinking kuma was still using a beeper...? confused.gif

My new phone just cost me a good bit even using up all my points that I had saved up. I also got insurance taken out on the damn thing. Figured this phone costs so much I might as well be on the safe side. My monthly bill was cut in half though so thats a good thing - Docomo at least now uses lube before raping me.

mines is 5 megapixels as well, gets some nice photos on the phone, but when I view em on the computer they just become blurry, still nice wallpaper shots

ps wow a J-Phone phone....its been a while since I've saw them around! blush.gif

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
whatever, the new ones have antennas too (but for tv). but I still have better reception on the mountain than the new softbanks

softbank has the worst reception of the three major providers. In my old office the softbank users were always complaining they couldnt get signal.

Thumb_0800418docomo.jpg

docomo just spent 10 billion on a new logo - need an image change it seems....

p.s Sharp (SH) makes the best handsets in the docomo line-up. wink.gif