KLM to england is good, you get your own tv screen with games etc.

I flew to Oz with Singapore Airlines last week, they are the best airline I've ever been on. They had nintendo games and tons of on-demand movies. Food was good too, and they seemed to come over non-stop with the drinks.

Virgin are meant to be good but Ive never flewn with them.

Singapore were good the one time I used them too. Can't remember food... can't remember any food being "good" actually!

You like airline food?? You must be travelling first class, surely?

The smell gets me. I seem to dislike it more each year. I usually take a bag of home-made butties and snacks as a reliable backup.

As well as on flights, I drink before and after. Because:

1) if it was a business trip I want them to know I'm an alchie

2) if it was a holiday, it's a good start to a holiday

I once got so messed up with timing that I had asked for a double whisky after loadsa wine to try n fall asleep before landing in Heathrow. As soon as I downed it, the pilot came on and said we are commencing our decent into heathrow and should be on the ground in 30 mins. Needless to say I arrived drunk, had to pick up the hire car while trying to un-drunk myself and driving on the motorway fairly drunk and without sleep for about 20 hours.

Gonna have to do beter in June.

Once I drank quite a lot and I did feel TERRIBLE at the other end. With the time being as it was though, I think it might just have been a hangover.

I usually just have a couple of beers now to try and make me sleepy.

On a Virgin flight long ago, I asked for some Champagne some time after the meal service. The stewardess, all smiles handed me a glass. She came back a few minutes later and asked if I'd like some more. I said, nah, I want to sleep now. But she insisted, "go on, I opened the bottle for you".

What is one to say? "bring me the bottle baby"

• 1 month later...