OK so I'm looking into flights back to the UK this summer. Seems KLM are cheaper than BA this year. Hurray!

KLM decent?

I went with KLM once and I think they were ok. That'll be via Amsterdam, right? Don't you want to see Terminal 5 at Heathrow!?

Think of it this way, they are surely better than BA!

check out Lufthansa's website as they sometimes have cheaper prices when you book direct. Also I have flown with the 2 Korean airlines back to the UK, decent enough with a stopover in Seoul and right into Heathrow, they were cheaper when booking from this end. (Korean Air and Asiana)

I think the best flight I have had back to UK is still with Virgin. Great service, decent seats and great inflight entertainment.

Worst has got to be Aeroflot- Delayed for an age, stale bread food, inflight film was some kind of old cinema version of a Chekov play, and the female flight attendants must have been ex russian shot put champions and I swear I caught one of them shaving her "beard" in the toilet!!

Definietly Farquah, Virgin was a quality flight home, good in-flight entertainment, comfortable seats, attentive flight attendants. Unlike BA whose seats were squashed, plane was old, entertainment was stone age and the flight attendants were surly!!

I totally disagree. Virgin are monkey spankers. At launch, they employed ex-BA fat slags to oversea the oriental crew. The aisles were made wider so the fat slags could push the trolleys through. So what about the cattle in coach? Sod them; they can catch a plentiful cheek from the dam busters.

All very depressing. But good news for Virgin; they will never see my custom ever again.

And BA? I just dun wanna start on them. They have enough on their plate: Bitten off more than they can chew. And they can chew... alot. How else do they get to employ 200lbs waitresses qualified only to push coctail trolleys and jumbo jets when visibility is low.

I would fly Virgin etc, but the problem is I want to get to Manchester. Virgin don't do that, so it ends up requiring considerably more cash. The choices are BA, or people like KLM via Amsterdam or some other European carrier like that. Seems it will be KLM for me as well then.

Crude is still near record prices. Gasoline and diesel have come down due to a change in Japanese road tax. Kero hasn't changed.

Can those of you who've bought flights in Japan give us some actual numbers for flight costs with everything included? Its easy enough to find prices without all the taxes, but its just false advertising.

The last few years it has always been around 20 man for me as well give or take a bit. I think the rates go up to that level aroud 24th July and are like through early August (?)

I think it is, maybe slightly less.

Of course when I say 200,000 - the actual ticket is around 150,000 then you've got all the silly stuff to add on.