I see on the Yuzawa Now page today the closing dates for places there. Even with the weather as it has been the last few weeks, seems Mitsumata are planning to be open until 25th May!

25th MAY:

Kagura (Mitsumata)

Kagura is 1800metres and they have over 3m of snow so I guess they would still have enough snow, I'd guess that it'd only be the upper runs open and obviously the snow won't be good, but a chance to slide in shorts and t's!!

Don't we usually get snow in March and April up there? There doesn't seem to have been much at all, it must be melting pretty fast up there. But I suppose if they are announcing the season to go that long they must be pretty confident about it.

I was there yesterday and on Saturday, although we skied only on the Tashiro side because we were staying in Naeba.

There's still plenty of snow up there, make no mistake, although the temperatures have made it very spring-like and heavy in places.

If we are lucky then perhaps there'll be another cold spell and some fresh cover, otherwise talk of Mitsumata staying open until 25th May would seem to me to be pretty optimistic...

I see, GG - thanks. I suppose right up top with some engineering it might still be skiiable. Let's hope for some more snow in the meantime. I'm feeling a bit robbed by the speed with which the season appears to be finishing.

I don't doubt that the very top of Kagura will have enough snow, last weekend, although heavy it was still soft and deep.

i was a bit surprised to hear about the bus up there but I guess you forget that underneath all the snow there are roads and paths etc just waiting to be exposed!!

lol.gif